Needing more and more pain medicine, Help!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Jan 25, 2006.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

My pain just seems to be getting continously worse. I am trying very hard to stay on the amount I am on right now. Which is Robaxin 750mg Twice a day, ms contin 15mg three /Day, Morphine sulphate 15mg as needed for break through pain 100 tabs/month. Also migrin very often d/t constant migraine, or cluster Head aches. But as hard as I try my pain is once again getting so bad that I can't hardly leave the house. What kind of life is that?

I am going to my pain MD tomorow but I am becoming worried that he will think I am just taking more to feel zoned out or something. (which I never ever do!)He has trusted me so far, but I guess it's hard for me to believe I am taking that amount of pain meds and my pain is still above a 7 most of the time lately.

Are there others out there who need so much like me? I hate to take so much, but like I said, what is the point of life if I can't get out of bed?

Joy
  2. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Thankyou for replying! I use my heating pad often, and take tons of baths, they are helpfull. I Have only been sick for 16 months, so I just can't tell if I have just been in a pretty constant flare up for the last three months or if I am just getting worse.

I can't tell you how many times I have thought I have had the flu in the last couple of mounths. And right now I have had some sort of respiratory bug that brings with it a bad cough, really bad sore throat, fever etc. But then again I have a bad sore throat and a fever a majority of the time.

I hope I am just in a flare, rather than this is my permanent pain range now. I just really would like to know if there are others out there needing the pain meds as much as me, or am I just being a wimp. I know it sounds crazy, But I sometimes get afraid that I am just making things up in my head. I know I feel the horrible pain, but am I just paying to much attention to it? This DD is just so darn confusing and weird!

Joy
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

This happened to me with my pain meds. My pain kept getting worse and worse and so I kept going up on my doses of pain meds. It even got so bad that my pain doc started me on Methadone. Seriously!

This is just my opinion but I believe that the pain medicine we take can cause pain cycles.

Now what we do about that, I don't know!

I am not currently on pain medication because of pregnancy and I pray that the pain won't come back!!!

Hope this helped!

kate
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You are not making this up. This is real and you deserve to have adequate pain meds. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right combination. If your Doctor has trusted you so far, he should continue to trust you if you haven't changed the way you approach the situation.

It is really hard to have so much pain and to feel like you can't do anything. Hang in there! It will get better.Keep in touch with the board; the support here will help as well.

Good Luck
    Kathy.
  5. chopindog

chopindog New Member

It just seems so crazy! I was (am) a RN. I worked on the cancer unit and took care of many dying people. It is so sad that I am now on the meds I gave to these patients.
    Thankyou all for the positive replies! Deep down I know I am not crazy but, some days I need a little reassurance. I am so happy to have found this web board and all of you!

It is so nice to know you are not alone. Although I do wish for all of you that you were better!
    Love Joy