Needing your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kar1953, Jun 4, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Tomorrow I go in for surgery on my elbow. This is the second time for left elbow. Have already had 4 surgeries on the right one.

For some reason I'm feeling uneasy about it. I never was for any of the other surgeries. I just have this funny feeling & don't know why.

So, I'm asking for your prayers. I've said my own & will continue to do so, but feel like I could use a few more. So, if you could, please send one up for me.

I will appreciate each one.

Thanks & take care.........Kathi
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Just answered your other post on fibro bd, came right over here and here you are! ;) It is normal to be so anxious approaching surgery when we already have had several. Then on top of it we know after having so many what to expect after, so we rush about trying to get everything in order before we go in...escalates anxiety unbelievably. I have said a prayer for your surgery, quick healing, and most of all for you to be encompassed with His presence and calm.
    Please know that He will be with you and rest in that knowledge. Just allow His Perfect Peace to wash over you...
    Much love, Pastor Michelle aka Rebel

Please be sure to keep us "posted" on how you are doing!
  3. stilhere

stilhere New Member

I'm Jessica

and I agree that everyone gets nervous right before surgery, I used to be able to tolerate pain before I got diagnosed with Lupus and scleroderma, but anyways, prayers going up for you and remember to keep your faith in the Lord!

In Christ
    Jessica
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks to both of you for your prayers. I just about lost it right before I went in op. room. I was trying real hard to keep it together - my hubby suffers just as much as I when he sees me hurting & upset.

I took a few deep breaths & said a prayer & believe me when I tell you I felt a calmness come over me & my nerves & fear left. I knew I was in good hands.

I am doing so good. I have only taken 1 pain pill & that was a couple of hours ago. I just was up & about too much today.

The surgery center called this morning to see how I was doing. The nurse asked what level my pain was & when I told her I hadn't even taken a pain pill yet, she couldn't believe it.

Believe it or not I am typing this with both hands. Amazing & thank the Lord!!

Thanks again for your concern & kind words. I appreciate it.

Take care.......Kathi
    [This Message was Edited on 06/06/2003]
  5. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

So very glad to hear you are doing well. I praise the Lord as He not only listens to our prayers but HEARS our prayers, it is His great pleasure to honor the prayers of His faithful. I know you will continue to heal and feel good to get back to doing what you like...take care!
    love and peace, P.Michelle aka Rebel
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kathi, I believe I saw your surgery mentioned on the FM/CFS board? I do remember praying for someone who was expecting surgery.

I am so happy to hear you are doing so well, you truly put your faith in the Lord from what I just read............

Prayer for your continued recovery.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

for keeping me in your prayers. I'm having a little medical crisis (I think) with numbness clear down to my wrist on the surgery arm. Am going to fms board to ask the medical experts their opinion if they think I need to call doc today or maybe it's normal. Didn't have this with other 5 surgeries on my elbows.

Thanks & take care.....Kathi