Needs help bad with a doc problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heathnicole, Apr 17, 2006.

1. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

Hey you guys. . . I am desperately trying to figure out which doc to go to. I have seeked a few naturopath doctors who have ripped me off. I want to go to a doc who I know someone personally has experience with.
    I am 23 years old with Hashimmotos, Fibro, CFS, IBS, and TMJ. I need an expert.
    I have it narrowed down to a few doc's -is there anyone out with experience?
    I live in Floirda and there is def. a lack of doc's down here. Here they are:
    - FFC- In atlanta- there was a huge post on this and I am getting such mixed signals about the FFC.
    - Dr. James Schaller in Tampa Floirda
    -Dr. Milt Hammerly in Colorado

Any help would be wonderful. I believe my email info is on my profile.
    Thanks again from the bottom of my heart
    And wishing everyone peace, love, and recovery
    heather
  2. sop28

sop28 New Member

Hi, sorry to hear that you dont have much to pick from!

I'm in PA so I don't have any advice on doctors for you.

I have been looking for a new Dr. myself; I feel the same way, I want to know what other people think of the Dr before I see her.

There are so many doctors here but none that really specialize in CFS/FM. It's also hard to know were to start.

I went to Pittsburgh, PA FFC once. I don't know if they would have been able to help me or not, all I know is that I can not afford it at this point.

I just wanted to let you know that your not alone in your search. :)

Hope you find someone soon!

Tammy

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Som eof the best Naturopaths are also DO's too, a few MD's.

I had the best one in Newport Oregon, KD Edminston, she was terrific. I have had others who were, put simply, quacks, really had 6 week "degrees".

A good naturopath is worth their weight in gold.

Hope you find one.

Love Anne C
  4. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

I really appreciate you supoort in this search . .God know how hard this is.
    It helps to know that I am not alone because I do feel alone sometimes in this illness it;s hard to believe at 23 I am going to have to live the next 40 years of my life like this.
    Blessings, support , and prayers to you all