Neighborhood gone to the dog - hysterical

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 25, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Well it's funny I guess because it's not MY dog, LOL...

My children and I had previously been the harried owners of Labs in all shapes, sizes and colors: the Escape Artist, the Loud Barker, the One Who Couldn't Be Housebroken and the Eater of Fur Coats and Drywall.

Ever the optimists, we made a family pilgrimage in 2000 to a well-known breeder "just to look." We were introduced to seven yipping, nipping, adorable bundles of fluff but weren't even tempted until we saw him: the most relaxed - catatonic, some folks might say - puppy in the litter.

We knew he was ours.

The term "high-energy" isn't part of our vocabulary - and Duncan's desire to eat, sleep and eat some more aptly reflected our family values.

He quickly made himself at home and, until recently, remained undisputedly our best dog yet.

Sadly, though, disaster struck about six months ago.

Our overweight and underexercised chocolate Lab has begun an all-out assault to best John Grogan's dog, Marley, for the title of "world's worst dog."

His initial effort was amateurish. How much creativity, after all, does it take to open a pantry door and eat two weeks' worth of Nutrisystem dinners?

2. JimB51

JimB51 Member

LOL. I forwarded the story.