Neighbors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I revently wrote a post , about a neighbor, that I thought was going to be a problem.
    I've lived here for 6 years, right across from her Mobile Home.

Her's is White, and it stays that way, which is hard to do considering we are in an Industrial area and have 2 Freeways close by, so we do get a lot of Deisel fumes and soot, plus Sawdust, that floats from a Local Business.

In otherwords it's dirty air. I stay in as much as possible, because by the afternoon I can't Breathe outside.

Well yesterday, I asked her if she would mind giving my Poor Flowers/Plants a splash of water now and then when she is watering.

She knows that I am disabled, but I do as much as I can both inside and outside.
    We are having a Lot inspection in 2 weeks, and I wanted to trim them down, this morning, and she said she would be glad to help me with that too.

Well about 4:30pm I heard someone calling, Sharon, Sharon, and my Babydog, was running back and forth, so I knew it was either my Sis, who also lives here in the Park, or my Neighbor.

It was Nita, and she said that will it was cool, shse wanted to trim the bushes/flowers a bit and we could finish in the morning.

I said ok, and that I was headed to bed, since that is my Bedtime. All my Neighbors know how I keep weird hours, and why, cause most of us are all at that age, where we have some kind of Health problems.

I got up, 20 mins later to see if she was still out there, cause it really Bothered me, to be lying down, while someone else is doing my work.

I couldn't Believe it, she had Trimmed them down to the nub, which was good, because the plant part is still green, and will grow better now and I can keep them from going so wild.

Now, this Lady, is 72 years old, and has OCD and is a Hyper-person. I often tell her if she could Bottle some of that Energy, I Know Where I could Sell it, lol.

She's very nice, complains about what a mess it is out there, and really does Sweep her side of the street, everymorning and again before she calls it a day.

She has Health problems which is why, I think she is even more amazing. Some may think of her as a Busybody, I did at first.
    But She isn't.

She's Sweet, Kind and Generous, and I just thought it would be nice to share, what she did for me yesterday.

When they don't see me for a couple of day's, they always ask the DH, if there is anything I need.
    I have 3 Neighbors, who have Green thumbs, and I tried to keep up, lol, but because of my Neck problems there is so much I can no longer do.

Thanks for reading this, if Ya, did, ;o)
    Sometimes, you just have to say something Nice about Sombody.

We sure run into mostly Insensitive People it seems, these days.

Have a Sunshine day, and give Someone a Gentle Hug.
    sharonk
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What a great neighbor! I am jealous. I wish my family would help me like that.

It is good to hear postive things. Thank you for sharing. You are very blessed.
  3. dahopper

dahopper New Member

neighbor you have. That was so sweet of that lady!! I have wonderful neighbors too and that is a blessing. I hope you get to feeling better. Hugs, Love Debbie
  4. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I wish all neighbors were like her.

Good post of something positive.

Thanks

Bruinz
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for the positive post. It's sometimes easy to think about the negative things and people we encounter and forget about the positives.

When I was single and had my own house, my neighbor next door used to plow out my driveway when we had a lot of snow. That was a lifesaver for me. He never would take any money for it.

Ellen