nerdieduck... Question about your lymph nodes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Nerdieduck.. I saw on another post that you had a lymph node infection in the past. Can you please fill me in on what your signs and symptoms were when you had a lymph node infection.

I have painful ones right now, behind my left ear. I alos have a ton of ear and neck pain where they are located.

Thanks & Hugs
    Kim
  2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Wow that was exciting! My name was right there on the list!!!

Um, anyhoo.

Well, I really didn't have any symptoms except for the fact that my fatigue was like 99x worse and I did not feel like doing ANYTHING. I didn't even want to get out of bed. Then one day while I was napping, I had fallen asleep with that garment that one wears under her shirt on *turns red and continues* and when I woke up, I found a really sore spot under my arm where it had rubbed against. I poked it a little and it was bumpy there.

"Moooooooooooooom..."

So we watched it for a few days and it didn't reduce in size, so we went to the doctor who said it was an infection. She put me on antibiotics and a few days later the bump was gone.

I didn't really have any indication elsewhere though, just in that area. I'd say maybe get them checked out if they are causing you a lot of bad pain. I dunno how swollen lymph nodes feel, but I can imagine they hurt as well, but if they've been hurting for a while now it'd probably be best to figure something out.

I'm no doctor and I'm not very defogged today either, but that was my experience and my $0.02.
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you for the info. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad they are better now.

I will keep my eye on them & hope they do not get infected.

Hugs
    Kim