neruological problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erky, Jul 28, 2008.

1. erky

erky New Member

Hello it,s been a long time since i have been on this site,nice to see it is still here.I have fm cmp plmd,ptsd. And yes osteo arthuritis in my hands also . I am 56 been on ssdi since i was 50 yrs old.I ache from head to toe,s at time ,also ache over brige of nose daily.Question is i have steady twitching all over body since the beginning.Do any of you have this problem also? As we all know had every test done before dx with fibro.Also i have small knots over my body that are tender to touch.Is this from cmp? And how can i resolve these?I am now on lyrica with other meds.Not much difference.
  2. homesheba

homesheba New Member

the knots, hurt like crazy to.
    i dont know how to ge rid of those,
    i did the lyica thing for awhile
    bu it made me so sleepy i couldnt function.
  3. pasara

pasara New Member

Erky, I think the knots are related to myofascial pain syndrome and can be treated by a very good massage therapist who knows how to work with trigger points. I suggest you read up on CMP a bit and you will better understand how this works. It is also good to understand how to differentiate between the CMP and FM symptoms. One good article i have posted before is

http://www.sover.net/~devstar/TrPs_and_TPs.pdf

I think that if you have regular massage therapy by a qualified therapist you will get significant relief. It makes a huge difference for me.
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

It does sound like your CMP is causing the knots. There are two great books that you should have since you also have this crappy disease as well. "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies, is the bible for self treatment. The other book is "Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain" A Survival Manual by Devin Starlanyl. You can use a tennis ball in a sock, a golf ball and a Theracane to use to get rid of them.

I have this as well and they set up during a fibro flare so the flare will pass and then I have to work on getting rid of the trp's. If I am not in a flare they can set up as well but not as many or not as deep. Hope this helps. P