???????Nerve inflamation and rash

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Aug 17, 2006.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

A few weeks ago my Rheumy told me that the nerves in my feet and legs were inflamed. He prescribed a new med and it seems to be working ok. At least the feeling of fireants on my feet and ankles has not been as bad.

My question. When you have this type of inflamation, have any of you experienced a rash with this?

Today I was out in the yard wandering among my flowers and pulling a few weeds.

My ankles and about 12 inches up my legs began itching really bad. I decided it was the nerve thing and came inside only to find I had a horrible rash.

It looked like I had been bitten by hundred mosquitos along with streaks and splotches. I grabbed the alcohol and a wash cloth and just about rubbed the hide off.

An hour later the spots and streaks had disappeared. Nothing ,nil, gone.

Is this another symptom of the inflamed nerves?

I've lived here 30 yrs and have no allergies to things in my yard that I know of.

HELP!!!!!!

Wren
  2. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

I haven't had an experience like that. I do have redness, swelling and tingling in my legs if I stand for too long. And too long is not very long in my case! I have to get my feet up.

We'll get this back up to the top and maybe somebody can help you.

Hugs,

Phoenix
  3. jasminesmema

jasminesmema New Member

You are so encouraging!!!
    I have been through the same thing but mostly on both forearms. Have scratched so roughly that I drew blood. I went to my dr. at the time (big mistake) to see if I was having a med reaction, etc. He told me I was nuts that he didn't see anything wrong with me and didn't understand my itching!!! Mine seems related to fibro flares. I have it horribly on both arms now. Used to get it on my butt really bad. Ucerin Cream helps as does the alcohol rubs. And you are right, it disappears so quickly you wonder if you are actually loony?! Sorry you suffer, but glad to have a companion in misery!
    Peggy
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i get it on my shoulders and upper arms...feels like i have been rolling in fiberglass....and it itches really bad....

pschaitrist said it is from my nerves...

jodie
  5. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Peggy
    I'm glad to know someone else out there has experienced this.

I hope this is not something that is going to continue.

I've already stolen my husbands old hair brush. I keep it beside my bed since the itching nerve thing started.

All the meds and I can't go to sleep if my feet are itching.

The thing that happened last night was horrific. I do believe if it had covered more of my body I would have been at the hospital.

I was amazed that it went away so fast.

I still would like to know if there are others here that have experienced this.

I know you can bump this up but I don't know how.

If someone would be so kind to do it for me I would appreciate it.

You know sometimes yo think that the pain is the worst thing that can happen and then you think the fatigue is the worst.

But if the itching thing continues it could cause me to lose my what mind I have left.

Wren

[This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]
  6. catj

catj New Member

I DON'T KNOW WHY THE RASH, BUT I GET SOMETHING LIKE HIVES, AT ANY TIME.

i CARRY SOMETHING CALLED AN EPEY SHOT INCASE MY MOUTH AND THROAT STARTS TO CLOSE FROM THEM, WHICH WOULD STRANGLE ME.

BETTER CHECK IN WITH THE DR. ABOUT IT. I KNOW YOU PROBABLY HATE TO GO AGAIN, BUT IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR LIFE.

GOOD LUCK,
    GOD BLESS,
    CATJ
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

reaction....my skin turns bright pinkish to red...and it itches like the devil..i have put cortisone on it at night or whenever...but for me it is truly my bad nerves w/anxiety...it stinks...

so i have to be on something for anxiety..i get triggered easily...

epipen is for allergic reaction to food meds..etc,,
    this wouldn't help my problem...

but i did have an allergic reaction last may thru june to some medication...itched from head to toe...atshma and swelling..it hurt to even walk on my feet..the sun shine on me...yuck gone in about a month

jodie