NERVE PAIN NEW TO ME!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gramof2, Jul 15, 2003.

1. gramof2

gramof2 New Member

Hi, I've been dealing with Fibro pain for more than 9 years. I am 54 years old and have been pretty active and pain free. Lately I have been waking up with terrible pain that starts at my lower back (typical fibro point for me) but it runs into my right hip and down to my knee. The pain wakes me up with a jolt! I mean tears in my eyes. Almost enough to wake hubby and go to ER!!!!

I have had two spinal surgeries. One lumbar and one cervical due to ruptured disks. I also have had a number of spinal blocks. Recently I returned to my neuro guy and had every test in the book..MRI Mileogram etc.
    Everything turned out negative!!!!!! My surgeries were 3 and one years ago, respectively.

The pain has been recent, about 2 months. I have put a mattress topper on my bed, sleep with pillows for support, take muscel relaxors and pain relief, heating pads, jacuzi's etc.

Am looking into acupuncture now.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I know Fibro is specific to each of us but am feeling short of insane about this new pain.

I would appreciate any feedback you may have to offer.

FYI-before the pain started I lost 28 of my 218 pounds, joined a yoga class, began working out with light weights per my MD's advice with a trainer. I felt I was doing everything to keep myself healthy and now this....very disturbing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my posting. I wish all pain free days and a blissful night sleep....Neen
  2. jmreidel1

jmreidel1 New Member

Have you had your hips checked? I had terrible problems and a terrible doc. Finally I found a better doc and he took an xray to find my hips (both!) were deteriorated and must be replaced. I am finally recovering and the back pain is gone. I even questioned him when he said the hips - are you sure it isn't my back? He showed me it wasn't!

[ advertisement ]