Nerve torture and anxiety.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joeb7th, Mar 1, 2007.

1. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

For over a year now and getting to be every day, I have a nerve torture feeling through out my body.

I had panic attacks years ago before I got sick and these were nothing like what I feel with this nerve thing.

Those panic attacks made me shake and feel fearful and panicky, but they didn't make my nerve system hurt, feel haywire and get zapped and tingle.

With what I have now I do have anxiety but along with this my insides feel somehow zapped and tingly, my bladder feels weird and the urge is haywire when I get these. My penis tingles. I feel prickly feelings inside and out on my skin.

My sense of temperature is crazy. I get so cold even under warm blankets in my bed. I just can't get warm. And cold temps just make my whole body seem to tighten up, even shake and feel pain. Hot temperatures make me feel prickly and hofrrribly uncomfortable.

I say this after never ever in my life feeling these extreme sensitivities before. If it was hot, I sweat, Cold I shivered but with some excercise I would always get warm.

Now exercise makes my feel so haywire and crawly. I don't even sweat right! Same thing, crawly, prickly all over.

Is there any natural remedy for healing nerve damage like this ? And WHAT is this nerve damage?

I HATE to take lorazepam. I am fighting this as hard as I can. Taking this does seem to calm things down some. But man, what a trade off. The side effects of these Benzo-tranquilzers are nightmarish sounding, especially if you stay on them more than a month straight!

2. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

been there. actually...still there.
    i dont take lorazepam...
    i take xanax only as needed and just a quarter of a pill. i dont take it consistantly just as needed and it helps when my anxiety peaks.

have u been tested for lyme? do you have other symptoms?
  3. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

been there. actually...still there.
    i dont take lorazepam...
    i take xanax only as needed and just a quarter of a pill. i dont take it consistantly just as needed and it helps when my anxiety peaks.

have u been tested for lyme? do you have other symptoms?
    by the way. im heat intolerant and also get inappropriately hot. i also dont sweat anymore. When im cold, i freeze.
  4. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I did get a lyme test 1 year ago but I want another one. I have read that this can be missed so easily. I hear there is a better way to test than others. Need to ask my endocrinoloist to do this.

Do you think Lyme Disease could cause this?