nervous and tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jom2, Oct 24, 2006.

1. jom2

jom2 New Member

has anyone taken seroquel for sleep dr gave me some to try and i am afraid to take it
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Why are you afraid to take it? It might just help you. Have you ever tried xanax? It helps tremendously with nervousness and sleeplessness too.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  3. jom2

jom2 New Member

thank you for all of you replies, yes i have had bad reactions to other meds so tired of trying so many. i did take the seroquel ,only 1/2 and i slept for 30 hrs . only wake to pee. it made me feel really weird before i went to sleep. tthink i'll only take 1/4 and only if i'm having a real hard time. my body does crazy stuff. things work for 3 or4 days then not at all i get real confused and upset never know what will work and what won't thanks all gental hugs
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

It works well for me, and I could write a novella on all of the crazy reactions I have had to drugs. I usually take 50 mg of Seroquel unless I'm particularly "tired/wired" and can't sleep and then I'll take 75mg.

Sleeping for 30 hours straight is excessive. You should definitely tell your doctor that. What dose did he/she put you on? It definitely sounds like the dose should be adjusted so that you don't sleep for that long!

*Be sure to tell your doc of any side effects you have. Seroquel is in a different class of drugs than Xanax and will help quiet your mind. My mind never shuts off at night. It's a bit more potent than Xanax, Lunesta, Ambien, etc.

Once you get your dose titrated, I would give the Seroquel another try. It may likely work for you. My very best wishes for good health and a sound nite's sleep.

Warm hugs, Erika
  5. jom2

jom2 New Member

hold on!!!!! my dr pres. 25 mg. so i guess i can only take 1/4 or i'm so exhausted it hit hard. thanks for your input it helps
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works for you and that you somehow find some relief!!!!!!!

Kriket
  7. jom2

jom2 New Member

thanks kriket hope you have nice weekend and relax hugs jom2
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I've known many folks on Seroquel and have never heard of anyone that slept that long on such a small dose- you're taking only 6mg if you're cutting the 25mg into 1/4s. I've known people that take up 300mg of it, although that is for other medical issues and not just for people with FMS or CFIDS that need sleep.

*I urge you to talk to your doc because it could very well be that you can't tolerate this med. I wish a great weekend filled with good rest and happiness!

Warm hugs, Erika
  9. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

If I didnt I would not sleep at all. I take 100mgs and if I take it at 8:00 I'm asleep by 9:00 and I wake up at 5:30 and feel well rested. Now some nights if I am in a flare it does not work as well

[ advertisement ]