nervous, big appointment today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joannie1, Jul 21, 2003.

1. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Well, I have not posted too much lately. I have been trying to deal with the pain, fatigue, progressive symptoms, and three children all summer. Today I have to go to our big University for confirmation of MS also. I am a bit nervous but mainly because Doctors' intimidate me so much anymore. I am having my Hubby go with me this time though so hopefully having him there will help me not be so frettful and be able to explain everything I need to.
    I am just praying that he can help me with the fatigue I have so severe. And am so thankful schools right around the corner. I love my children more then anything but trying to keep up is the hardest thing ever... And not being in very good treatment or shall I say NO treatment for the fibro makes it even worse.
    But i am nervous but also hope to just have some answers for these migraines and symptoms that keep progressing so much on me.
    Have a good day.
    Joannie
  2. kooky

kooky New Member

Hope all goes well at your appointment. Hopefully, the diagnosis will not be MS, and if so, that your are given approppriate medication that may help. Good luck and regards.

Keep us posted.

Kooky.
  3. leecmc

leecmc New Member

Hi Joannie!

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. I am hoping that today is a day for getting the answers you need to begin your healing. I am glad that your hubby will be going with you today. If I am nervous or having a day with bad fibro fog, I like to have someone go with me to my Dr.s appointment.

I also take along a notebook. I can jot down my questions for the Dr. as well as any feedback the Dr. gives me.
    Before taking the notebook with me to my Dr., I would forget to ask a question or forget what the Dr. said. I hope this helps!

Take care and soft hugs!

Lee Anne
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I will be thinking about you today. I just hope that whatever your diagnosis, your doctor will have a firm commitment to a real treatment plan for you that will help relieve some of your symptoms & help with the crushing fatigue. Let us know how it goes, OK? Prayers going your way today...

Hugs,
    Pam