nervous breakdown

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, May 28, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

well folks, I think I've let things get to me. Called my dr. this morning due to headaches/depression and terrible crying spells and terrible fibro pain, and she told me to get to the ER. I'm waiting on my DH to get home to take me, cuz I'm scared to drive. They are a little worried about the headaches that I've been having for 5 days with no relief from anything. So, please wish me luck.

HUGS!!

LYNN
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I am so sorry to hear what you are going thru.

I too have gone to er with headaches they are awful. Hopefully they will help you get this under control. Sometimes the tension is one of the componets of these.

Please keep us posted on how you do and am hoping its nothing serious.

hugs for releif
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I know how horrific headaches can be as my daughter suffered from migraines for many years.

I hope going to the ER will help you, if nothing else possibly a referral. Who handles your headaches now or is this something new?

Please keep us informed when you are up to it.

Take care.

gap
  4. debilyn

debilyn New Member

Lynn,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm praying for you!

~debilyn
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

Poor thing! I had daily migraines for 20 years and the only thing that cured me was acupuncture. Haven't had any in 10 years.

I hope you find a way to get rid of yours forever!

Many soft, compassionate hugs...

skeptik2
  6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I just saw this message and want to add my prayers for your headaches.

I can relate to the headaches/migraines as I've had them for years~ too many to count now.

I hope they can figure out some relief for you quickly and please check in when you can .

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

very gentle hugs, susan
  7. italiano

italiano New Member

I have suffered from migraines for years. Now with Fibro so bad I get them more than ever. I can relate to at times they last for days even after imitrex. hang in there. it's tough i know.
  8. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. Headaches are so nasty, and to suffer for days is just not fair. I'm praying the docs will be good to you and sending you healing hugs.
    misskoji
  9. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Lynn, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope

you've found some relief for your headaches.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  10. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts. Can't type much, too much pain, but wanted to let you know that at the er they did a ct of my brain to rule out an anurysm (sp?), they cam back good, but to rule out any bleeding in my brain, the did a spinal tap, OUCH!!!!!!! Everything came back looking good, so he's refered ne to a neurologist. Gonna go lay down now, as my head feels like it is going to explode, they told me that for the next 3 days I would have a bad headache due to the spinal tap. Hope all is well with all of you!!!

Take Care!!

HUGS

LYNN
  11. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi lynncats,

Oh great! The test gives you a bad headache! Just what you need!

I hope you will feel better as quickly as possible. I'm so sorry to hear you've had to go through this horrible experience.

Love,
    Forebearance
  12. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

So sorry you are still not feeling good. Glad the test came back good , will hope

the neurologist can help you figure out the headaches.

You don't need another headache on top of the one you already had.

THanks for letting us know how you are doing. Rest and hope you feel better.

very gentle hugs , Susan
  13. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

So sory to haear that you have these headaches.I have had migrains for 25 yrs and now they are associated with the fibro......really hon, there are som meds that can help for the most part, but then there are the days that only going to the emergency will help, there you can recieve a shot that will leave ya feeling no pain, actually very dull so it does not hurt. other days, i use a med called maxalt, they are very xpensive so ins. does pay, and they work fairly well, and on more of a daily dose, i use fiorinal/codiene, yellow and blue cap. and topamax at night , but those do not really prevent headaches, but i keep trying them so my neuro will know that i do all i can on my part to help myself. I keep rooms dark, limit noise as possible,put a cold pak across my forehead, and use my knuckle pressed against my temple to minimize pain. they do not really seem to go away 100% right, but it sure feels 100% better too. if I remember anything else i do, i will post it for ya, as you well know, we get this memory loss thats a pain of a different kind and in a different place!!ya know, pain in the sss! make you laff? anyway, relax, take care as much as possible..oh yes, CHEESE is a big no no for headaches, dairy produts of sorts can sometimes make one worse, not bring one on, but make it worse, but cut the cheese out,[pardon the pun], it is bad for a bad headache,there are other food groups that can cause or make it worse...wow, this is the longest post i have ever typed so I hope I help you and maybe others!!! bye, misspacotaco
  14. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I have also suffered from those headaches and had to go to the er for nights to get it all under control.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers, I really know how horrible this is and how it makes you think you cannot stand the pain anymore.
    They usually give me a shot that is called nubane and give it with phenagren and it will finally stop it after I have slept the pain away.
    Bless you and keep us posted.
  15. lynncats

lynncats New Member

hi all, just a update, I had to back to the er yesterday, as my headache and neckache were about to kill me. They thought maybe some of the fluid from the spinal tap had leak into my system. They did what is call a B-patch on me, where they take blood, and then go back into my spine, and cover the hole left from the spinal tap, to ensure no leakage. I'm still not feeling 100%, actually not even close, but my neck pain has subsided somewhat. They put me on some pain meds, and naseau meds. Hopefully, this crap will be over by the end of the weekend. Anyway, off to take some meds, and go lay down. Thank you all, and I can not express this enough, for thinking of me. P.S. The one good thing that came out of all this, is that now I know I really DO have a brain up there, LOL!!!!!

HUGS!!

LYNN