nervous/shortfused/aggitated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Apr 30, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I have been so nervous feeling the last couple of days. Every little noise I hear aggitates me. I just bit my fiances head completely off. Now I'm down and in tears. Feel like I need time to myself for a short while. I wish I could go somewhere where there is not a sound. I had a really stressful day yesterday at work. I got really upset at a lady and tensed up. I don't know why all of this came on at once. Does anyone else feel like this at times? If so, what do you do to make things better.

Kriket
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Mable- I will take the hugs-thank you

angelaG- thank you for your kindness and hopefully I will have a better day tomorrow.

Kriket
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

And it's hard. I feel like I need to climbe into a bubble. I usually try to find a quiet place to retreat to. I feel brittle. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Try to go easy on yourself and let it pass.

Sofi
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

blame it on this DD. I have not had any pain for the last 4-5 days. Yesterday I had to do 6 hrs. of massage back to back. I made it through about 3 hrs. ok, then I started hurting so bad. Sometimes I cry while giving massages and hope that they don't hear me. Got all upset and now I'm in a flare. I think I am much more agitated than I mean to be when I am hurting. It is a constant rollercoaster. You have no pain every once in a while then WHAM there it is again. Makes me sooooooooooooooooooooo mad. I got so frustrated while ago that I could have hit someone over the head w/ a frying pan. LOL

Kriket
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

to my fiance. I feel a little better now. He said he was not mad, but I know I hurt his feelings. He sure puts up with a whole lot. I am thankful to have someone that don't run from me and this DD. He is very very patient.

Kriket
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

No one deserves to be lonely and every one deserves to be happy. Isn't it weird how the right one comes along when you least expect it?

Kriket
  7. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

wow, kriket, can i relate. our bodies are tired and trying to keep up, trying to cope. then our minds don't seem to get there in time along with the bodies and WHAM! yes! it's probably all it takes......hope you have a much better day. we hear ya!

Angela, IT WAS LIKE I WAS READING MY OWN POST when i read your message! i was shocked cuz it was so truly accurate -- from my own head! :) Question: do you take anti-depressants?

this may sound negative but i believe that each day one of these wins: our minds or our bodies. almost as if on GOOD physical days (a plus!) our minds and thoughts are tangled up in the brain fog and tension of recent bad days.

and it's SO not our fault...i also have sudden mood swings from everyday stresses and fm stresses. and QUIET usually helps for that decompression time.

8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Sure hope you are feeling better!!:>)
    I often get those times when I feel overwhelmed.Its this ~!@DD.There is not a lick of control over it.
    It does as it wants.:>(

sending gentle hug
    Jordane
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kriket:
    It sounds like rest is in order. And then apologize if you feel it is warranted. Rest first, though. You might just be overburdened with things.

Feel better!

nyrofan
  10. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

I was just telling a friend of mine a few days ago that I felt like I literally had the "devil" in me. I felt so ill and agitated....nervous. I just can't explain it, but I could not control it. I was biting people's heads off all day long and felt on the edge. Don't know what causes it but I hate when I get that way!!
  11. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

It must be something in the air! I have been so darned ugly these last few days that I can't even stand myself! I just want everyone to go away and leave me alone so I can work out this misery alone. I don't want to be near or around anybody and I don't care about anything.

I do hold my tongue, but I swear I will bite a hole right through it if this keeps up. Could it be the meds? I haven't added anything new lately, though.
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am just mean. I can't stand myself and can't control what I say. I must add that I am getting pushed into this by an spouse, son, daughter and parents that just don't get it and who resent me for changing their lives.

The other reason for my feeling this way comes from sensory overload. It might be your problem also. I could not figure out why I was feeling like you are describing until I got a new computer and I got really bad. If I stay on this new computer for very long, I become very irritable; even sick. I remembered Mikie posting on sensory overload before and I started a thread asking for advise from Mikie and anyone else with the problem. Type in sensory overload in the search bar and see if that is how you feel. It just helped me to know that I'm not crazy and there are things happening to my brain that can cause the reactions that I am having to deal with.

I hope you feel better because I know how painful it is to feel this way.

13. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You might try l-theanine. It's an amino acid which helps the brain produce GABA. It's very calming but doesn't drug you. I think part of the sensory overload is due to lack of GABA. I order l-theanine from Swanson Vitamins on-line. They also have a product at this board's store which has l-theanine and GABA and a little 5-htp as well, which may help too.

I take l-theanine before bed but you can take it during the day as well.

Take care --

Mary
  14. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

huni i feel like this everyday believe you me.
    I have 40+ illnesses & I take a lot of pills everyday to keep me from being hospitalised.
    I have a 12 year old daughter who is a typical teenager& yes she has the attitude to go with it.
    I let her have her friends around as much as possible so she can have a normal life.
    If im to il i say no but what really annoys me is her friends come around a lot yet she barely ever goes to their homes,i tell her this time after time.
    Why should i a severely disabled mum have their kids round when im not up to it?
    So as from now she wil have to go to theirs or she doesnt go out im sick of having a flat ful of noisy teens it really takes it out of me.
    My rheumatism is at its worst this year so it will be no such & such cant come round im not up to it.
    I have to have a sleep in the afternoon or im like a bear with a sore head.
    I tell my girl to turn the tv down so i can sleep & i love laying in my bed quietly.
    Hope this helps & im sending you lots of very gentle hugs ((((((((((((((((((((((((.
    May god bless you & yours you know where i am if you want to vent,ask advice anyhthing ojk hunibuni.
    Take care fibrolady37.
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

You guys are so suppotive. I woke up this morning too early. I was just into my good sleep when a bill collector called. UUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

I asked her if she could call back, and she said no. I thought well you #####!! So, I said, I am not awake right now enough to make a payment over the phone and hung up on her. Felt crappy today, cause the phone woke me up and I could not go back to sleep.

So, I have been in a daze all day today. Not feeling as nervous as the past couple of days. Maybe I will sleep good tonight since I did not go to sleep till 5:00am this morn. and phone woke me up at 9:15 or so. Thanks to all of you guys for being there!!!!

Kriket
  16. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I find I get that way really easily now.

It is soooo frustrating to feel okay one day and then wake up the next day with NOTHING being different - only I feel like somebody picked me up and threw me under a BUS!

That's what makes me CRAZY over this DD.

I definitely want MIND to win over BODY. I love my little baby very, very, much but if someone told me that this DD would be my "reward" for bringing her into the world, I definitely would have reconsidered.

Feel better. Just getting it out helps.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie