Nervous , wish that this disability exam was over with

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, May 26, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

There are so many things that I want to do tonigh. I want to go up to the mountians and stay over night in the trailer with my grandson and family.But as I hae this disbaility exam at 9 am tomorrow morning going up there is not the smartest thing to do and as for saying over night no way to long of a drive to get back home and then another long drive to the p lace where I am haveing the exam.

And it would not be so great if I slipped and said that I had been camping the night before. Some how I don't think I would qualify after that .

I know that all this doctor is doing is the asking me 20 questions and getting my hight , weight and then poking me and finding all the tendier palces he can find to stab me and make me hurt even more, and as he reads over my records he will make a desision about if I qulify for disability or not.

I hurt so much in my knees, legs . back hips and thighs.My left wrist is swollen as it always is and when you touch it where the place was put in to stablize the break I had it is so tender and painfull that it brings tears to my eyes. I really am not looking forward to some one who I don't know pushing on every sore place that I have. Just having the doctor touch my knees as he needs to do to find out what is going on with them , they squeak , grind, grate, and it is bone on bone. So It really hurts to move them and walking is so very painful and hard to do. I don't know how to tell him how far I can walk. I don't know the distance , but it is not as far as I wish I could walk.

So as I stay home and stress over this exam I am going over the medical records of mine that I have and write out some notes to tell this doctor about me and how my pain and arthritis are a disability to me.

Wish me luck and sned me good thoughts and I am going to try to write out a good set of notes .
    so off I go.
    Hugs,
    Rosemaie
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hi Rosemarie!!

Sorry you feel so anxsious about your physical exam tomorrow morning. I am a bit puzzled as to why you have not been able to get some determination and closer to your case? Things probably work differently here in Calif., but there is a progression. Have you not applied for some sort of Federal Disability from SSA?? It seems live you are honestly ill with many issues and should be obtaining some help. Don't be intimedated tomorrow. Try to relax and get through it to enjoy the weekend with family!!

MRDAD
  3. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Will keep you in my prayers hun!!!!!

Hugzzzzzz
    Jordane