Neural Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sceptical, May 8, 2010.

1. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

I had a NT treatment two days ago. It`s very weird. I developed reddish, swollen circles around the needle pricks, low fever, sore throat, swollen lymph node on my neck and flu like symptoms.

Any similar experience? I fear it was just some kind of intolerance or allergy.
    a
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

That kind of reaction wouldn't surprise me from that treatment.

Have your symptoms gotten better yet?

Best, Lisa
  3. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

No. It was the firts time. The next treatment would be on Thursday but I am not sure I want it.

adam
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I think that neural therapy, even when it is productive, is something that people should get only when their bodies seem to want it.

I went for a long time just getting a few treatments a year. Part of this was because my doctor was in another city, but this also was when my system was pretty weak.

My doctor encouraged me just to do it as often as it felt okay to me.

If you've not recovered from the last session, certainly I would not be too eager to have another one yet.

I suggest giving it a bit of time and then see how you feel about it.

Best, Lisa
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You need to see an MD. The needles could have been contaminated. Even if it is an allergy or intolerance it needs to be looked at. You could get sepsis if the injection sites are infected.

Good luck and keep us posted.

gap
  6. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

It was performed by an MD. I am not crazy. It is not allergy but just bc my body reacts to this treatment does not mean I will benefit from it as well. DMSA and DMPS chelation for instance backfired. It is so damned difficult to make progresses but it is so easy to mess everything up.

adam
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Are you saying you are in a herx? I was a bit confused by your post. My bad, not yours.

gap
  8. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

I decided to continue NT early June. I had to postpone the next treatment bc I still have low fever as a result of the first treatment.

a