Neuralgia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cara, Aug 7, 2006.

1. cara

cara New Member

Hi

I have Cervical Dystonia and CFS. About a month ago I had pain in my jaw and teeth. It went off and then came back with a vengeance last week. The pain was horrendous and affected all my teeth, jaw, nose, ear and eye on one side.

I went to the Dentist who took an x-ray but could find nothing wrong. She put me on anti-biotics just in case. The pain was so bad I couldnt sleep so went to the GP who said my ear and jaw were inflamed and gave me Diclofenac and Co-dydramol.

Its better but if the painkillers wear off or I get any food on that side or start to get tired all hell breaks loose again.

Could it be Neuralgia or is it the Dystonia moving from my neck into the jaw? I've also lost the little bit of get up and go that I had.

Not sure what to do or where to go for advice.
    Thanks for your help
  2. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi

I started getting neuralgic pain about 4 months ago - it started with pain in my face, jaw, teeth - it was unbearable and would see me lying on my bed many nights crying my eyes out.

I've been taking Neurontin for about 2 months, it has helped, but it has not taken it away. Mind you, I was at an 8 or 9 some days, and most days now its about 5, so that is pretty good. I do have some nights that are pretty bad though.

The neuraligic pain to me was the worst pain I had ever experienced - aching, stabbing, burning, freezing, and kind of numb. but I hesitate to say numb, because that sounds like you cant feel it, when you definately can.

I've heard that homeopathic St Johns helps neuralgic pain, you might like to give it a go.

I would see you Dr and try and get it managed before it gets worse, like mine did.

Take care
    Michelle
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

And it sounds very much like what my sister went through with Trigeminal Neuralgia. She has FM and Sjogren's and soon after being diagnosed suffered terribly with TN. She was treated with Tegretol and the pain went away over a period of months.

She keeps Tegretol on hand in case it ever flares up which it does do from time to time.

I hope you get to the bottom of this, Cara.

(((HUGS)))Pepper