Neuro Endo in Calgary anyone!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 28, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

Anyone know of a good Neuro Endo in Calgary. I need on to deal with hormonal issues and this pituitary tumour. The neuro I have is just a consultant. He sees you once and then refers you elsewhere. Only works at hospital.
  2. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi, I live in Calgary and I went to see a Neurologist 5 years ago. He wasn't much help. Can't remember his name sorry. Dr. Gita Kruger was the first doctor I saw in Calgary regarding my CFS and she even said "Don't tell the Neurologist I diagnosed you with CFS. I am going to see an Endocrinologist in Calgary sometime in January. She works out of the Foothills Hospital, Dr. Neculau. Don't know if she is any good. I was diagnosed in 2001 with Addison's disease (adrenal gland exhaustion)by a US doctor in Kansas City 4 years ago. Dr Carol Ann Ryser was excellent. She gave me all the answers regarding what to take and what I had. So for the adrenals I take 25 mg of cortef daily and 25mg of DHEA daily. She also put me on SAMe for pain and mood and a bunch of other supplements. Dr. Ryser is quite experienced with CFS and FM patients. Im also anemic and I take B12 sublingual drops under the tongue everyday. So I thought it would be a good idea to have an Endocrinologist in Calgary since Ive been to emergency a few times with infections and dehydration. Hopefully she will agree with my current treatment. If not, then Im not interested in following up with Dr. Neculau. Im sticking with the treatment from Dr. Ryser. If there is anything else I can help you with in the future in Calgary let me know. Great weather we are having eh! I see Dr. Jim Mayhew at a private clinic Centre for Preventative Medicine. Dr. Mayhew has worked closely with Dr. Ryser to help me out. He is very good but he charges you $80.00 for 15 minutes of his time. But he is quite knowledgeable about CFS & FM. I go see another doctor when its just easy stuff. Good luck!
  3. darude

darude New Member

Where are you in Calgary? I'm in Sandstone. Perhaps we could exchange emails as I am very interested with your docs.
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Im in Thorncliffe. Where do we exchange emails? Im fairly new on this site. Last time I did this I went to an empty chatroom. Let me know. Thanks.
  5. darude

darude New Member

My daughter is a radio announcer at VIBE985. Got to her website and her name is Claire! She is on air right now. You can get her email on the site and ask her for mine. Mention you have this DD.
  6. sdown

sdown New Member

OK, I'll look up the VIBE985 website and ask for your email address. Chat with you soon! Have a nice day!
  7. darude

darude New Member

Chatting with you and perhaps we could visit. There are a lot of us in NW. Also Cindycor and Shannonsparkles. Cool.
  8. sdown

sdown New Member

Yes, I have Shannon's email address and she has mentioned Cindy to me. As soon as I can get rid of this stupid inner ear imbalance I can get out more. Its a real nuisance. It causes vertigo so I cant go for walks or drive. Im doing some homeopathic ear drops from Cambrian Drug Mart and some homeopathic eye drops for my swollen eyes. Im pretty sure its fungus from yeast. Ive been on antibiotics all year with sinus infections. I had nasal polyps but there gone now thanks to glutathione nasal spray from Cambrian Drug Mart. If your looking for an alternative drugstore Cambrian is great.
  9. darude

darude New Member

It's my legs that are giving me most problems at the moment. I go for short walks with the dog and then they cramp for hours. Also hard to stand for long.
  10. darude

darude New Member

You can also ask Shannon or Cindy for my email! We sould ALL get together some time.
  11. sdown

sdown New Member

I don't have Cindy's email address but I have Shannon's. I know Shannon mentioned something recently about her dad bringing in her computer for repairs and that she would be without one for awhile.
  12. sdown

sdown New Member

Would love to get together. Any advice on inner ear problems? The doc in Calgary looked in my ears and said they were fine. I know its really hard for doctors to determine what causes inner ear imbalance. Its strange that my dad came out for a visit this summer and had the same thing. So I dont know if its contagious? His doc put him on antibiotics and he is fine now. I have to go back to the doctor this is driving me crazy.
  13. darude

darude New Member

Was told had inner ear problems turns out was a cyst or tumour in pituitary.
  14. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi, I was wondering if the doc gave you any meds for your cyst/tumour? Is it in the pituitary gland? Where is that? Which test determined that problem? Im taking ear drops and eye drops and it seems to help. To early to tell if it will resolve the problem but usually when my appetite comes back it means the infection is gone. I figure I'll give it another 2 weeks and if I dont continue to improve I'll go back to the doc. So far today isnt too bad. For now Im assuming its an ear infection or cold virus in the ear and that hopefully what Im taking will do the trick. Thanks for your info.
  15. darude

darude New Member

Pituitary is is the brain between eyes. Mine in touching optic chiasm which is bad!!!! NOPE no meds or treatment yet. Have to have third MRI.
  16. sdown

sdown New Member

What are your symptoms? Do you any inflammation above the eyes or anywhere else on your face? I tried to go for an MRI once 3 years ago and I couldnt go thru with it. My claustrophobia is too severe. They would have to put me to sleep. I heard in the states they have larger machines for people who are claustrophobic. Id hate to have the expense of going down there to do it. I'll ask my doc in Calgary if he suggests an MRI or maybe I should insist on one if I dont get better. Keep me posted on your progress. Did I tell you I sent an email to your daughter Claire at Vibe? Haven't heard back yet. I would imagine she gets alot of emails in that kind of job. Very pretty girl. Cool job. Does she like it?
  17. darude

darude New Member

Try sending again as Claire did not get it!!!! Ya gets lots of emails. Rhuemy sent me to a Neuro and he s=tested for stroke or MS. They found in on MRI.
  18. sdown

sdown New Member

I sent another email to Claire tonight at 0630 pm requesting your email address. Thanks for your info. Good luck and keep in touch.