NeuroFeedback

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GigglePoet, Feb 10, 2007.

1. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

HI!
    Has anyone done Nurofeedback for treatment of CFS? Please share your experiences
  2. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

for FM, not CFS. It takes around 10 sessions or so to notice a difference. I've only had 3, so I can't say whether it helps or not.

I'm also doing biofeedback at the same time. I HAVE noticed results with that, in the sense that I have learned how to raise my body temp and regulate my heartbeat and breathing--which lower anxiety and stress levels.

My only interest in these procedures is pain relief. I will be posting updates when I'm farther along.
  3. cct

cct Member

I completed about 60 sessions of neurofeedback.

The effect was filled with ups and downs. Overall, it seemed to be somewhat helpful while I was participating in treatment.

I stopped because I hit a plateau at around 35 treatments and I was not able to gain any more benefits after that point.

The few benefits that I had gained, seemed to dissapate in the months that followed the discontinuation of treatments.

I was told, when I signed up for the neurofeedback sessions, that my brain might be resistant because I had been sick with CFS for so long (14 years). That may be the reason why I had very little success with the treatments.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Neurofeedback can be excellent. I know someone who has severe PTSD that it is helping tremendously, but this person does not have CFS or FM.

However, if your CFS is due to a chronic viral or bacterial infection (which it most likely is), you would need to keep doing it to maintain gains, at least until the underlying cause is taken care of. The downside is that it is expensive.

You might want to check Klutzo's posts on the Lyme board here - she tried it before she knew she had Lyme, I believe that was her experience...

Hope that helps.
    Victoria