Neurological Concerns

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Apr 4, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Is it just me? When I was diagnosed with this disease I was also told I might have neurological problems. I do see a neruologist every six months and he prescribes a low dose of Tegretol for me. It might be coincidental, but I was wondering if anyone else had neurological concerns related to FM/CFS.

NyroFan
  2. Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans New Member

The Lyrica helped my moods dramitically and I ended up having to go see a neurologist for other reasons and it seems that the anti-convulsants give me the best pain relief. Hmmmm...I will bring that up with both my Rhuemy and Neuro....
  3. suemorr

suemorr New Member

Nyrofan, I have fibrofog among other things, but I've never been to a neurologist. I've read other messages here as well that fibro patients have seen a neurologist. Should I worry that I haven't? Why specifically do you and others go? I see my rheumatologist every six months and my internist once a year, but never a neurologist.

Sue M.
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I think someone posted a good article on here awhile back on the conection with FM and Neurology. I wish I could remember it , but it made sense.

I have not posted on here for awhile, but I did see it not too long ago.

Tegratol was given to my son to keep his seizures under control when he was young he had Petit Mal seizures , he has since out grown them. I have heard these medications can help others with different types of Neurological pain.

My best to you

hugs
    kgangel