Neurological Proof?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenifurlii, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jenifurlii

jenifurlii New Member

Isn't there any neurological proof or hormonal testing that shows up consistently elevated in people with FMS? I thought I had heard something about FMS patients having low DHEA, high cortisol, and there are several other tell-tale lab results that DO come back abnormal. Is this misinformation? Gosh, I would love to believe that someday soon we will get the validation we so very much need! =0(
  2. jenifurlii

jenifurlii New Member

Isn't there any neurological proof or hormonal testing that shows up consistently elevated in people with FMS? I thought I had heard something about FMS patients having low DHEA, high cortisol, and there are several other tell-tale lab results that DO come back abnormal. Is this misinformation? Gosh, I would love to believe that someday soon we will get the validation we so very much need! =0(
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Forgive me for not checking this out for you, but I need to get going soon. From what I understand, there is promising research on many levels, but I'm sure you know how long it takes to coordinate! There are some excellent articles in the library & from the e-mail bulletin (which is free & you can sign up for), just type in what you want in the search, making sure that the health category is on FMS/CFIDS.

Take care. Michele