Neurological?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sidereus, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Sidereus

Sidereus New Member

Hello,

I am curious to know if CFS can cause serious neurological problems and/or nueurological problems cause CFS?

I ask because, lately, I have been shaking, twitching (eyelids, hands, chest, muscles), VERY weak and VERY numb and tingly - and I can't drive, at all. The movement and motion is overbearing to my senses, etc.

Thanks,

Richard
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

my neurological symptoms didn't devolop until about 5 years into the illness. Unfortunately they seem to to come more than go as time goes on. The only thing I have found to help is ativan - it seems to temporarily knock my senses closer to normal - I would not drive until I discovered ativan, now I will go short distances on my own. I feel like I'm a hazard on the road - I get disoriented & have trouble concentrating on the road.
  3. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Everything you describe can be found with CFS. It can also be symptomatic of other things like toxins in the body etc. I would see a neurologist and have a full lab work-up to rule things out. You can only say it's CFS once the other things have been ruled out.
    Good luck,
    --marcus