Neuromodulation Technique (NMT)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Oct 15, 2006.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted, I've been lurking, my energy level hasn't been so good.

I've been looking into NMT, is anyone familiar with it? I have an appt scheduled for Tuesday.

It deals with the Autonomic Nervous System, they hook you up to a computer and "talk" to your ANS. From what I've read it has helped alot of people with Fibro, CFS.

I found this technique while researching the Bowen Technique.

I'm just curious if anyone has ever tried this, as I don't remember seeing anything about it on Immune support.

Thanks for any feedback, God Bless, Ritatheresa
  2. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

RitaTheresa,

This sounds very interesting. I have not tried it, but since I am also in the tri state area, I am very excited to see if you get results.

Please let us know how your appointment goes and if you experience progress. If you think it helps, please post the name and location of your doctor.

Thanks and best of luck!

Jennifer
  3. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I will surely post how it goes!!!

Nice to meet you, Ritatheresa
  4. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

RitaTheresa,

How is the NMT going?

Any change or improvement?

Jennifer :)
  5. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Ritatheresa - I've been looking into this also since I found a doctor in my local small town who is practicing it. I'd be very interested in knowing what your experience was like. Also, what kind of expense was it?

Thanks
  6. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Bumping again! Ritatheresa anywhere out there?
  8. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

I am sooo sorry it took so long to get back to you, I'm usually too exhausted to get through the first page.

Anyway, yes I did go for an NMT session, the first one cost $160 (very expensive for me), and honestly I only went once. I really can't make an honest opinion because I didn't go long enough.

It was definately interesting and I would give it another shot, if your still interested I could tell you how it went.

Sorry again,
    take care,
    Ritatheresa
  9. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Hi all!
    I wanted to chime in since I've been doing this for a month or so. It's just as previously described, you get hooked up to a computer and just stare at it and listen to the sounds for 20 minutes or so. I've not noticed any effects yet, but it's too soon to tell. Results usually are noticable after 3-4 sessions, the first being better sleep.

I pay $45 a session since I go to a local college that has a bio/neurofeedback clinic. I'm going for pain relief, I have no problems with sleep. My insurance doesn't cover it. I'm gonna go thru Feb., if I don't see results by then I will quit it and move on to acupuncture.

If anyone wants info. on the clinic I go to just give a yell!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2006]
  10. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hey Hurtstomove,

Your lucky, that's a great price. I think I would've given it a shot if it were cheaper, good luck with it, I hope it helps you, keep us posted, Ritatheresa
  11. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

where is the clinic you go to?

Ben
  12. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Hi bhopeful!

I go to the Widener University clinic in Chester City PA. I really like my "therapist", she's got her Master's and is in her last year of her PhD. She's overseen/directed by Dr. Celeste DeBease, who is very well known in the medical psycho-physiology area.