Neurontin; a good nights sleep!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donald, Aug 10, 2003.

1. donald

donald New Member

For CFS and FMS, it's very hard to ever feel rested.I have found a way to at get least a couple of good nights sleep per week, without those sleeping pill hangovers; I take neurontin (300 mg), but only a couple of times a week. It seems to lose it's effectiveness if used any more than that. Hope this helps someone. <>< Don <><
  2. donald

donald New Member

One thing I noticed about the Neurontin was that it only seemed to help (with sleep) if taken no more than twice per week. Sunday nights are always the hardest night for sleep (probably because of less activity). I take it then and once in the middle of the week, never more than that, seems to lose it's strenght.
    Have recently tried Requip(.25 mg), it seemed to help some, but like most things, the little help it offers is only temporariy.
    Not familiar with Klonopin Bid.
    Have you ever tried Bio-Choice? Only read about it.
    Have a great day!
  3. donald

donald New Member

Be carefull with the Paxil! I have been down the road from flexeril(muscle relaxant but also a mild antidepressant),seratonom, to paxil. Some of those antidepressents can creat bigger problems than good. Glad that it works for you but anything that alters the mind is something to be leary of, no matter what the doctors say.
    With these syndromes, it just seems so draining sometimes just to make it another day. One thing I can say helps is prayer. Without God and 'The Footprints in the Sand' it would be even harder to deal with. But it's ok, He allows these things for His greater Glory.
    Have a great day. <>< Don <><