Neurontin and SWELLING! Help - After Surgery :-(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vinetti23, Aug 13, 2003.

1. vinetti23

vinetti23 New Member

HI all - it's been a while. Hope everyone is doing well (some pain free days i hope :) ) I had surgery recently and just found out one of the reasons the swelling isn't going down is bc of neurontin *maybe* - they say 10% get this around the ankles when on neurontin...However, I never had it around my ankles like some get - it is just in the surgical area....I think this is so weird! How could it be the neurontin. I know I'm out on a limb here - but has anyone had surgery with neurontin? Or noticed swelling from it in general? By swelling i mean like a fluid retetion type thing...

Thank you all - you all are so great (even if nobody can reply I understand, it's a hard one).

2. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

My ankles use to swell quite often. This was before I was on Neurontin. My GP has the fluid problem under control finally. Neurontin has not caused me any swelling. I just had surgery on a nerve in my arm. I cannot see the incision yet because it is in a cast. However it does feel a little swollen. The Surgeon told me to call him if the cast began to feel too tight. Tomorrow I will get the cast and stitches removed. Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  3. vinetti23

vinetti23 New Member

Oh thank you hurtsalot - i did not expext to get a reply! :)
    I hope your recovery goes well :) (let me know if you can!)
    How did you GP help your swelling? Like diuretics and stuff? Or natural herbs or anything? I wonder if I should take something for the swelling but the surgeon didnt realize the neurontin connection (my neuro did) and so i havent had a chance to tell the surgeon.
  4. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

First I was taking a fluid pill daily. I choose to quit taking the Rx. I now keep a close eye on my salt intake. So far no swelling. Yes, I will let you know how tomorrow goes. I do hope you will also have a speedy recovery.
    Take care.
    HURTSALOT2