Neurontin & fast heart beat & jittery feeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frogdogger, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Frogdogger

Frogdogger New Member

Has anyone had a backwards reaction to this drug? Not only have I not felt sleepy/sluggish from starting this drug, I've actually felt "speedy" and my heart was racing. This was on the second day of drug. My intern prescribed it at my suggestion after I read it had helped so many with nerve pain. She took me of Zanaflex which I was doing well on except for occasional hallucinations. I know I have weird reactions to drugs but usually they just don't work on me except at large dosages. Anyone else with these symptoms?
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I haven't had a speedy feeling but did get some heart racing but that's rather typical for me with everything until I'm used to it. You may want to start at a lower dosage - how much are you taking? Or if the symptoms are not real bad they may just go away in a week of so. I got the woozie/sleepy effect which wore off too. I get extreme anxiety from muscle relaxes...the opposite reaction than most people and I can relate to how that feels but I have found that if a drug is really worth it to me, I will get used to it if I start out on very low dosage. It took me about 2 months to get good relief of nerve pain from Neurontin when I was finally able to take 300 mg at a time. Now I couldn't do without it.

Hope that helps and good luck!
    Shaky

3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I felt this way once the dosage was being increased. I had no effects, positive or negative when I first started the drug. I stopped the med when I began to have these adverse effects, because I was having no benefits from it.....with my liver problems, any med that isn't helping is stopped!
    Love,
    kady