Neurontin for Pain in Feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jengus, Sep 25, 2005.

1. jengus

jengus New Member

I have fibromyalgia and take many meds. I have been using a compound that I apply to both my feet (particularly toes) and last week my foot doctor started me on oral Neurontin 200 mg. at bedtime and will go up with it till I get some relief. My feet are my biggest problem!! I need to loose weight, but hard to be very active with my feet hurting all the time that I am on them!!

I had both knee replacements in 97 and 99. In 2002 I broke my navicular bone in my rt. foot. Being off my feet for such a long time with that surgery caused my toes to curl. Had pins inserted in several toes over 3-4 month period to straighten toes. That didn't work and I am still walking on caluses on ends of my toes. My podiatrist thinks my knee replacements are the problem. I went to an orthopedic doctor and he thinks the knee replacements are fine!! Anyway I'm not about to have my knee replacements redone so I'm ready to try anything for the pain in my feet!!!

Does anyone else take Neurontin for fibromyalgia pain? If it helps my feet, maybe I could leave off some of the other fibro-meds. Anyone have any info about Neurontin helping with foot pain??
    Jengus
  2. jackiesmum

jackiesmum New Member

My foot pain is burning and stabbing and I get relief from....neurontin, cymbalta, and lamotrigine. Am now gradually weaning off the lamot.because there has been a big difference since starting the cymbalta.

Lynda
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

1800 milligrams a day of neurontin and 90 milligrams of cymbalta for my FM pain it has helped me.

I also take 20 mil. of oxycoton 2 times a day.And vicodin in between.Before I had cymbalta and neurontin the other 2 did not help.

Sue
  4. blkkat

blkkat New Member

yes i take neurontin but can only take 400mg. a day or i go DUMB! i cant take alot of meds. but all i can say is you'll have to pry neurontin out of my dead hand if you try to take it away!!! i'd go nuts from the non stop numbness/tingling/shooting/cold burning PAIN!!! i say give it a try, it took me about 3-4 weeks to notice the diff. good luck and GOD BLESS! LOL! BLKKAT
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I take Neurotin, 300 mg. 3 x day, for fibro and diabetic neuropathy in my feet.

I also take Cymbalta, 60 mg daily, for the same reason.

Zanaflex is the only other med that I take for fibro, and I take 6-8 mg before bed.

Janet
  6. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

I have neuropathy in both feet from autoimmune vasculitis. I take long-acting morphine and Vicodin for the Fibro pain and Neurontin, 300mg 3X daily, for the neuropathy.
    It works with morphine opioids and boosts the pain-relieving property and even though my feet are still numb, I have less burning stabbing pain.

Char