Neurontin How much do U take and when?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Mar 17, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

I tried N. a few years ago, when still working, and couldn't handle side effects (I was a dipsy doodle)

Dr. encouraged me to try it again and started me at 100mg,
    upped to 100mg 3 times day w/ no dipsys this time, but sleeping all afternoon...no pain relief either.

Now going to up it to 600mg @ bed.

I'm just wondering how much it "usually" takes to get pain relief... I have back issues that cause nerve pain and am hoping for relief of at least that, if nothing else.

Thanks for sharing,
    achy
  2. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I take 900 mg at bedtime, it helps me sleep but have never had it help with pain other than if I get a good nites sleep the pain is better.
  3. krayon

krayon New Member

Hi
    I've been taken neurontin for just a short while (goin on 4 wks). At first it really knocked me for a loop. drowsey, "stupid" feeling. And thought no way am I goin to take this it makes my thinking worse!! but it has gotten alot better and now I can tell a big difference.

At first I was told to take 300 mg twice a day, morning and bed time. Now I take 300 mg 3 times aday. morning, afternoon, and bedtime.

Like I said it has helped bunches with the pins and needle sensations (sp) and shocking pains.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    ~ *Karen* ~

p.s. I have FM[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

A GREAT med for me! I never did have any side effects from it and it really helps with the pain!

I take 300 mg 3 x day.

Hugs,
    Janet

P.S. Cymbalta is another GREAT med for me that helps with the pain! I take 30 mg 2 x day. (60 mg taken at once in the morning made me sleepy all day, but splitting the dose to 30 mg in AM and 30 in PM has really eliminated the sleepiness!)
  5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I take 100 mg 3 times a day. i guess it helps! I don't know but take it anyway. I don't know of any effects as so many things hurt anyway. Have O.arthritis and of course, it has no effect on it.

Gentle Hugs

Joan

entle Hugs to you and good luck