Neurontin....how much do you take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, May 17, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

I've been on Neurontin for about 6 months...gradually increasing doseage to 600 mg. I still don't notice any difference in my pain levels though.

It was Rx'd due to spine problems, not the FM, but was told it may help the FM pain too.

Just wondering what the "average" doseage was...

thankz
    achy
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

think you need more.

I take 1800mg a day. I didn't notice a difference until I was at a much higher dose then you are on.

Hope this helps you.
    Tracy
  3. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

I'm at 500 mg/day...200 mg/morning, 300 mg/bedtime. (I take Topamax too, though.) I have found that it helps me considerably.

If you're not on any other anticonvulsants, I don't see why your doc couldn't increase your dosage. It could be that you just haven't reached a therapeutic dosage (for you) yet. :)
  4. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

Ha! Me too! Anyhow, I take 300 mg, 3x daily. Been on it for about 3 years. I got off it with my doctor,s permision, and could definetly tell the difference.

I had a lot more pain. Even though I have always felt a little leary taking this - I'm back on.
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

That is the top dose.I take 2 tablets 3x a day.I also have pain where my thoracic disc bulges are.Linda
  6. achy

achy New Member

Thanks for the info. My primary started me on this...but getting her to ans. questions is...well another story.

I guess I'll up it to 900 mg. She Rx'd enough that I could if I wanted.

Can you take too much??? and how do you know if you do/did?

thanks ya'll
    achy
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I started to notice a differance when they put cymbalta in the mix.The two together have gotten me out of bed for the last yr.
    Sue
  8. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Increasing your dosage by two-fold does not increase the amount of neurontin in your system by two-fold. So, that is why it may sound like such high numbers you are taking, but it doesn't increase in your body the same way. Am I making any sense! LOL I am having trouble expressing myself this morning!

So, 1800 mg as opposed to 900 mg, is not twice the amount in your system.

Hope that helps. Sally

Ps. Exponentially! That was the word I couldn't think of. It does not increase exponentially![This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  9. Treca

Treca New Member

3600mg(600mgtabs.) a day so 2 pills 3x a day. It has greatly reduced my pain and with the help of Tramadol (generic of Ultram) and Bacolfen I have pain free days now.

This med has worked amazingly for me. I was very surprised that it did work as well as it did.

Of course I realize I'm one of the lucky ones that this med has helped and we all know that everyone is different. :)

Hopefully you will feel some relief from it soon!

Take Care,
    Treca :)