Neurontin imput

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jul 6, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

I used to be on this for a while back a yr + back and it worked wonders for my chronic pain, at only 600mg a day, now GP dr, put me on it again cause of all this new pain and old...and it doesnt seem to be working, i'd say im at 3 weeks at 1200mgs a day....is this enough time, last time about 2 weeks in i felt a difference...

my muscles r killing me today from a long walk yesterday, and my regular back pain...so im not sure if its worth even adding this med into my routine, if its not gonna work...just some imput, on the chronic pain, and the daily musclular pain...i have no other pain meds, thats the only problem!!! thanks peoples...beck!!!
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I've been on Gabapentin/Neurontin for approx the same amount of time as you, and at 900 mgs/day for a wk, and it isn't helping me with anything, other than weight gain. I am going off of it. I was hoping it would help me sleep better and help with my FM aches. Nothing.

A couple of years ago I went of Effexor for depression and it really worked well for me. I went off of it, and then about 8 months ago I went back on it and this time it isn't working at all. I don't understand how a med can work one time, and then not later. I am weaning off of this med too.

I hope it will work for you soon, but I'd think that by this stage you'd notice something.

Raz