Neurontin? Need input

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Feb 7, 2003.

1. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

My family doc just prescribed neurontin for me to try.I would like some input on this med as I have never heard of it.Was sooo disappointed yesterday,had an appt. with a new rheumy that was refered to me from this board.Didn't make the appt. due to bad weather and road conditions.I am hoping the next time I can make it.
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Lots of folks here use neurontin very successfully. I tried it years ago at a pretty low dosage & was very dizzy and headachy from it, so I never continued with it.

Many people use it without bad side effects, though.

Good luck!

Pam
  3. pamela

pamela New Member

Side effects you have to get use to, but they go away...they are grogginess, headache, forgetfullness, (stuck on stupid). Do not drive on it until you are use to it. It's been a God send for sleep. I take 400 mg. per day right now...can't handle any more..was to take 900 mg. per day, but had to work and drive. Hope this helps. Also for the pain...it's pretty good for pain but you have to take a good amount. Hang in there...Pamela
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I take 1800 mgs a day and I swear by it. I used to clean house or etc and be so sore and hurt so bad the next day but since I've been taking neurontin I dont suffer the next day. Just make sure you start out on a low dose and work up slowly, and if it does make you alittle drozzy..it wont after a while once your system gets used to it.
    Carla
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

From all I've read from people who are on it. Also, the proper dose must be arrived at and this can take a little time.

I take Klonopin, another antiseizure med, and it has worked wonders for me. Hang in there.

Love, Mikie