Neurontin Users Have a ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jtbear, Jan 26, 2007.

1. jtbear

jtbear New Member

I am increasing my dose of Neurontin to 900 mg per day. The bottle says to "take at bedtime". Do you take it at bedtime only or do you space it out during the day?
    Thanks for your response.
    Jane
  2. KerryK

KerryK Member

I had used neurontin for a couple years. It eventually stopped working for me. However, first, the minimum dosage for pain treatment is 900 mg. Expect that your dose will increase over time as you get used to it. Also, I foiund it helpful to take it at regular intervals through the day since it has a short half life in the body. This avoids the let down you can get when it leaves the system. I found too that in very short order there were no side effects when taking it through the day.

Good luck!
  3. jtbear

jtbear New Member

I have been on the 600 dose for some time putting off trying the 900 dose. Your reply was very helpful as I thought through the drug research I did that spreading it out during the day would maybe be more effective.
    Wish me luck...
    Thanks again
    Jane
  4. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi Jane,

Neurontin was the first medication tried on me when I was 25 (now 32) for my CFIDS/M.E. and FM/MPS.

I noticed that it helped with my weakness and neuropathic pain. I can't take it too late as it keeps me awake, but there are many who find that it helps them sleep. Trial and error as one person said, and as I say, trial and eventually success!! :)

I take 600 mg 3x/daily...I can't go higher or I become very lethargic...it's best to increase and decrease by about 100 mg at a time...again, everyone is different.

Hope it helps!

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

That's when I take it all.