NEURONTIN VS. LYRICA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Has anyone taken Neurontin without success and is now taking Lyrica and finds that it helps.

I tried Neurontin many years ago and it did not help my pain. My new doctor wants me to try Lyrica.

Who has had experience with both?

Thanks,

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/01/2006]
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

maybe this moved too fast so I'm bumping it. I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Lolalee
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm sorry I haven't been on Neurontin .. but I just started Lyrica .. it definately helps with sleep in combination with my other meds .. I think I'm actually getting more than 2 hours at a time and that hasn't happened in so long I can't remember !
    I think it may help you even though I have no previous experience with neurontin .. sorry !
    Good Luck
    Joy : )
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Would love some more feedback.

Thanks,

Lolalee
  5. spmary

spmary New Member

I was on neurontin for maybe a year. Seemed to be doing o k. A "ankle and foot" doc. told me to ask my primary doc. if he would consider lyrica. His patients had done well on it. So I am trying it now. Seems to be doing o k too. Sorry I can't offer anything else. I just seem to be on an even keel. Good luck....spMary
  6. FM58

FM58 New Member

Hi Lolalee,

My first Rheumy had me on Neurontin for about 2-2 1/2yrs. I truly think it did absolutely nothing for me - other than make me GAIN weight! Ugh!!

Well, when I was finally off of it, I was starting Topamax, so that helped in my weight loss (thank goodness!)but I actually started the Topamax while I was still on the Neurontin & didn't start losing weight until I discontinued the Neurontin.

My Orthopedist just recently started me on Lyrica. He dx me w/ RSD in my hand. So, he's added the Lyrica along w/ Naproxen & all my other meds (including oxycontin). I'm taking 50mg of Lyrica 3x a day. I honestly can't say I have noticed a difference. My hand is improving w/ OT. But, I have been struggling w/ my CFS & IC, so it's kinda difficult to determine the Lyrica's actual outcome. I want to give it at least a 3 month trial.

Best of luck to you Lolalee, I hope Lyrica works for you!!

Patty

[ advertisement ]