Neurontin Vs Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat0465, Aug 21, 2008.

1. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

has anyone taken Neurontin first then got off & started they Lyrica??
    i was put back on Neurontin after a few years of being off of it, and WOW in 3 months i have gaines probably 12 pounds :( and i sure didnt need any help gaining weight! i was on 300 Mg a day & decided to get off of it 3 weeks ago, i probably have lost half of the weight i had gained on it. and the 300 Mg was barely touching the pain, so im afraid doc will just up the neurontin for better pain relief, but i cant gain all that weight, does Lyrica make u gain weight?? she decided to put me on Neurontin cause of the cost.
  2. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

and it didn't do anything. Then I went to Lyrica. It was a godsend to me. My weight has been the same. I could use to lose but atleast I didn't put anymore on. My hubby even saw the difference and he is not a big believer in meds. I have heard pro's and cons from other people. It may be worth a try if neurontin doen't help you.

3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have never taken Neurontin...I have only taken Lyrica.

I have not gained any weight on Lyrica however some people do gain weight on it so there is no way to say if you will or not.

Lyrica has been good for me and I have been on it almost 3 years. I take 300mg twice a day.
  4. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I tried Neurontin but it had side affects and didn't do much for pain, so my doc switched me to Lyrica a year ago, and I'm happy with it! I've maintained my weight because I try to stay active and eat right.
    Good Luck!
  5. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

I gained a little but I don't blame the drug, I blame approval letter relief eating and maybe hormones. everyone I know on Lyrica has gained.