Neurontin what time and how much?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi folks

Quick questiono for those of you taking Neurontin - what times of the day do you take it, and how much?

Also, specifically, what symptoms has it helped you with?

thanks so much
    Take care
    Michelle
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

2 600 pills 3x a day 3600 total
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

When I started Neurontin, they told me to take it a specific way:

I was to take one pill every nite for three days (300mg).

Then add one more 300 mg capsule in the am/wake up time, for 3 more days. (Now you're up to 2 per day)

Then add 3rd dose (300mg) in at dinnertime.

I have done very well on Neurontin. I take it for neuropathic pain in my feet, but I do believe it helps with my FM pain also, somewhat.

Go slowly, even more slowly than this if you have to, we are very sensitive to meds.

It is a very benign medication...one can take massive dosages without bad side effects, I've heard. I'm currently on 600mg, 3x daily.

Hope this helps...

There's always hope!
    findmind
  4. jpaige

jpaige New Member

i too had to build up to 3 times a day. i can't remember if 300 or 600. it helped so much for the sciatic nerve pain but didn't help for the fm nerve pain and sensations. i was weaned off and have been taking voltaren, an anti inflamitory but still doesn' help much for nerve pain but does for over all muscle pain. hope this helps.
  5. Treca

Treca New Member

The highest dose 2 600mg 3x a day = 3600mg

I take each dose @ 10am, 3pm, and 9pm.

It is really helping with the pain and makes my other meds work a lot better as well.

All around Neurontin has been very good for me.

Treca :)
  6. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I've been taking it for 4 days now... feeling really wiped out but I think the head and face pain is slightly diminished...

Thanks for your responses
    Take care
    Michelle