Neurontin ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reeny64tang, Oct 21, 2005.

1. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

Hi - I just got put on both Cymbalta and Neurontin -- anyone have any info - good or bad?? I did see the post about Cymbalta and liver damage -- any other info??
  2. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

Doc just put me on both, too - I've been on Cymbalta for several months - now up to 60 mg. a day. Nausea disappeared after 2 weeks.

I will be interested to see others experiences on both of these drugs.

Hugs,
    Will
  3. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I'm currently taking 600 mg 3 times a day. Personally, I am not sure if it is helping or not - I'm taking so many other things it's hard to day. I have been gaining some weight, which is a possible side effect, but there's no telling whether that's the reason for the extra pounds. It's not like I excercise a lot! I do know that Neurontin is not processed in the Liver. I can't remember where it is processed - helpful, I know. I do remember that it's not the liver anyways, and that is one reason it is used so much.

Well, sorry - not much info there, but I don't think you have to worry about it damaging any of your internal organs.

Happy Friday!
    Leanne
  4. LakeErie

LakeErie New Member

I've been been on Neurontin forever upping the dose over the years as numbness, pins and needles, and feet got worse. I am now on max dose of 800 mg 3 times a day. I was on Effexor with Neurontin for years, switching to Cymbalta this past spring. I'm doing great on both.