Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BHopeful, Oct 8, 2006.

1. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

Want to start neurontin for sleep and nerve pain. Nerve problems trigger everything for me.

Am going to talk to doc, but want to know who else takes at bedtime? what dosage? does anyone take with klonopin (don't want to give that up)?

Thanks so much,
  2. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

what are other peoples neurontin experiences?

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If you do a search for Neurontin under content, you'll come up with some recent threads where we've been discussing this medication.

Good luck,

Nancy B
  4. llama

llama New Member

I was put on Neurontin mainly because of Bipolar (hypomania) disorder and also diabetic neuropathy.

The first night I was supposed to take, I believe, 300mg.,
    well I've never experienced an "LSD" trip but this had to be pretty darn close. Hallucinated, dizzy, literally could not walk to bathroom (had to crawl). Everything I looked at had an outline around it and it would move all kind of crazy ways. The next night took 200mg. same symptoms but less intense. Third night 100mg. still feeling funky.....just stopped the drug on my own at that point.

Was then switched to Lamictal which has agreed very well with me. Cognitive improvement and moderate pain relief.
    Hope my story helps. Of course, it could work great for you but then again you might think you're back in the 1960's and have this uncontrollable urge to watch the movie
    Go Ask Alice!! hehe...........Jill..........
  5. fmransom

fmransom New Member

My Dr. had me on this medication. I took 900mg. aday.
    I didnot see any improvements or changes to the good.
    I didnot like the side effects and i stopped taking it.

Maybe it will work for you, everyone is different.

Good luck !

GRLNPAIN New Member

I was put on this med. so I could sleep @ night due to pain in my legs. It had the opisite effect on me I was up for two nights straight and had the migraine of my life. It was supposed to make me drowsy! AHHH, just one more med. to put on the very long list of tried and failed to work.
  7. DizzyDizz

DizzyDizz New Member

I took Neurontin for quite some time and had good results from it with no side effects. My only problem was that you had to take it so often, it did not last near long enough for me at night. Dr. has me on Lyrica instead now because it is supposed to last longer. It does last some longer which helps during the night. During the day I didn't mind the repeated doses so much although I do get tired of taking pills. It does a great job on nerve pain and I found that it helped some the the overall Fibro pain as well.
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take 1800mg a day morn. noon and dinner.It does not put me to sleep.

It does help my pain I went from bedridden to up and about .I have been on it for 2 years now.

I also take cymbalta 120mg a day.The combo of the two has helped me so much with my pain.

I have never had any side effects from either of these.Not sleepy nor sick not even a druggie feeling.But remember were all differant.What works for some may not work for others.

[ advertisement ]