Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, Jun 23, 2010.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

well dr. gave me an rx for neurontin filled it so wish me luck on taking it.i could not take savella it made me depressed & lyrica made my hands & feet swell I messed with my vision.

i was willing to try lyrica again because i only used it for a week so maybe if i gave it a chance fot the side effects to go away,i had never tried neurontin. dr said it was cheaper so lets try it wish me luck!!!!
  2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I sure hope this helps with your pain in your leg. Did you hear anything yet on the test results?
    Please let us know what they say.
  3. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

Shirley ofcourse my test results did come back....NORMAL i kind of knew they would.
    they called me back again to day to see how i was doing they were going to see what else they could give me in place of the pain patch since i didn't get them. but my leg does feel a little better so i am just going to keep taking my vicodin for now. i take ultracet daily & vicodin when i have to but it isn't working for my left leg right now.

they told me to call them back if i can't handle the pain & they would see about getting me something else. but since it is a bit better i'm going to wait & see.

Jamin it hasn't hyped me up to much i don't minute if i''m up i do feel a little hype but at the same time i feel like going to sleep..i a

it does make me a little spacey & shakey but they said it will go away.
  4. dzlady

dzlady New Member

I took the generic form of this for a couple years with no relief. I have not been diagnosed with Fibro ( the process) but was diagnosed with RLS which was what the script was written for. It did nothing except make me tired (yet not tired enough to go to sleep).

I wish you luck and hope it works for you!

5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

neurontin is one of the weird meds where there is a definite difference in how people respond to the generic and how they respond to the name brand.....I know they are supposed to be the same, but I have talked with several docs who have all agreed that some meds vary a lot between the brand and the generic forms

neuronin is actually one of the very few meds I was able to tolerate for awhile and the brand did help me quite a bit, but the generic did absolutely nothing for pain.....unfortunately it seemed to cause enough extra tiredness and balance issues and a few other minor problems, and eventually the effects seemed to accumulate, so I stopped taking it
  6. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

mine is the generic & so far so good. this is day 3 so i'm hoping it continues to work well. i have had other generic brands od meds & you can def tell a dif. so glad the generic neurontin works i can't afford to pay for all the name brands..finally got my name brands down to 2 all the others are generic.
  7. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I am so glad that the neurontin is helping you.
  8. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

thank you!!! hope you are feeling good today.