Neurontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kcollins, Dec 4, 2002.

1. kcollins

kcollins New Member

Hi all,
    I just read the article on this site about Neurontin for restless leg syndrome and how it is especially helpful to the RLS sufferers who have pain (sound familiar!?!!). Has anyone tried this med - did it help your FMS and/or RLS?
    Thanks,
    Kathy
  2. kcollins

kcollins New Member

Hi all,
    I just read the article on this site about Neurontin for restless leg syndrome and how it is especially helpful to the RLS sufferers who have pain (sound familiar!?!!). Has anyone tried this med - did it help your FMS and/or RLS?
    Thanks,
    Kathy
  3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Just started trying Neurontin about a week ago. So far it has not helped, but the Dr. told me to give it 2 weeks. I think it IS starting to help with pain though. Still too early to tell.
  4. Mariah

Mariah New Member

Neurontin worked great for my RLS, in fact it completely took my RLS away while I was taking it. However, it caused me to be severely depressed and it made my back pain worse. I also gained 40 pounds in two months time when I had gotten up to 1,200 mg's a day of it.

I'm sure it works great for some other people, but that has been my experience with it.