neurontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I was diagnosed with FM/CFS 3 years ago and have tried numerous meds for pain. I finally found Ultram and it works good for me. Now my Neurologist is wanting me off because of its tendancy to cause seizures. I tried darvocet and do not like the way it makes me feel. Now she is wanting me to try Neurontin. i also take Keppra for a seizure disorder. Does anyone take Neurontin for FM pain? Any side effects? Does it help with the pain? Any and all responses appreciated! THANX
    Debbie
    What about Pamelor?[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]
  2. iggie

iggie New Member

Pinky , just thought I'd let you know I gain 15 pound in 1 1/2 months on neurontin so beware if you don't need to gain weight Dr, took me off.

Iggie
  3. healing

healing New Member

Debbie, you can find a lot of information on Neurontin if you use the search box at the top of the page.

I have never gained weight from Neurontin. However, it can make me sleepy if I take it in the daytime. So I take (now) 800 mg at 7:30 pm followed by another 600 mg at bedtime.

Good luck to you!
  4. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

I've been on Neurontin (high Dose)- for years for a neurological problem. I still have my Bi-polar problem, But my FM pain has been steadily getting worse, despite being ON Neurontin. My new Dr. is weening me off it, and putting me on better drugs for the pain, as well as the other.
    Love,
    Fibromiester

ps-Yes, do a search on Neurontin, if you are considering it