Neuropathic Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Jan 20, 2006.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

If anybody else on this board is dealing with neurpathic pain, please let me know what you do to treat it. I have pain on the sides of my feet (especially the right one), where the foot is very sensitive to the touch. Sometimes, the sensitivity seems to be over a wider area of my foot and lower leg, and lately, I've been getting sudden zaps of pain in my right foot, ankle area, or lower part of my leg that feels almost like an electrical shock. This happens regardless of my body position (i.e., it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm sitting, standing or lying down).

The longer this lasts, the more I think it's probably related to my multiple sclerosis, though the fibro may make me feel the pain more intensely. I'm scheduled for a test on Monday to try to narrow the focus of any treatment options, but meanwhile, I find myself jumping in response to the pain and having trouble figuring out which shoes (if any) I should wear. (The touch of the shoe against my skin hurts.)

I'm already taking 300 mg of Neurontin and 100 mg of Wellbutrin for pain, but it doesn't seem to affect what's going on with me now. If this problem is neurological, will physical therapy (or any kind of exercise) help?

--Laura R.M.
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

that is what the Neurologist said that I had going on in my feet. It hurts much more than the FM pain. I haven't been able to wear any other shoes except these soft Nike's. When I try and change shoes, it's agony.

I go to a warm therapy pool and do gentle stretching for the rest of my body.

I take 800 mg. Neurontin, 50mg. elavil. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this along with MS.

take care,

Laura