Neurotin vs. Klonopin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamafrey, Aug 12, 2003.

1. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

Hello, i have been on Neurotin since March. It helped with the burning in the head and spine but not the numbness. Switched to Tompamax in July, but it wired me up. Dr. put me back on Neurotin mainly to make me sleep which it does help that. The only problem is i am back to being numb. I have noticed alot of people are on klonopin. I have never tried this. Thought about asking my dr. for it since its on the same line as neurotin. Or maybe i should ask for a sleeping pill but then i still have the numbness to deal with, or am i just going to have to live with the numbness? Has anyone did the neurotin and switched to klonopin? any feedback would be appreciated. thanks, mamafrey
  2. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

800 mg. four times a day. I started out at 300mg. It would always work for about a week or so then i would go back to being numb even at the 800 dose. thanks for your replies. mama
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are a lot of people here who have been on Klonopin at the same dose for years without building a tolerance. I have been on the same dose for more than a year. We are all different, though.

There is a study going on which is trying to determine whether or not Klonopin disrupts pain signals in the brain. I believe that it has helped with pain in my case, but because the Gaui has done such a good job of pain relief, it is hard to say how much help it is. I do know that if the Guai gets blocked for very long, the pain returns with a vengeance.

Love, Mikie