Neurotransmitters

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Apr 2, 2007.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi, has any one get this problem? when ever I start reading everything is ok but for a while I start feeling fogy and I can't concentrate and can't continue reading.

I red somewhere that can be because of low neurotransmitters. does anyone has this same problem???

thank you. acuario
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Yes, the brain uses enzymes to make neurotransmitters. According to my daughter's biochem book, there are now 50+ neurotransmitters. Most don't even have a name yet.

Serotonin is the most studied one. I have tried every SSRI antidepressant on the market. Resting allows the neurotransmitters to rebalance themselves.

An enzyme is a biological catalyst consisting of an amino acid + a metal ion. A toxic metal can act as an antagonist and make wrong enzymes that make wrong chemicals or don't even work at all. Enzymes also break down substances.

I had severe memory problems, bad CFS, at least two viruses, fell asleep at work on a daily basis.

The end result was that a hair analysis found Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic & Antimony at 4X the threshold of healthy ppl. I'm chelating these out and am much better. On a per week basis, I am improving. Chelation is a slow process but it does produce incremental results.

3. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

where did you get your hair analysis done? How are you chelating--pills or iv? Did you ever get your Mercury fillings out? I was thinking of doing this.

Kelli
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Dr. Andrew Cutler is a Ph.D. chemistry prof who teaches pharmcokinetics at a medical school. He says to use a hair analysis kit from DDI (Doctor's Data Inc.)~$100, using the bargraph results, you can determine whether you have a mercury toxicty signature. Mercury skews the healthy mineral results using "counting rules".

I used a kit by BodyBalance ~$60. I may have mercury too...as my good minerals are kinda low. The chelation is hard on the body so you don't want to go through it unless you have to.

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/
    Is a collection of posts by Dr. Cutler.

I chelated 14 rounds of DMSA @ 12.5mg/4 hours. 3 days ON and 3 days OFF. The last two rounds were with Alpha Lipoic Acid 25mg/3 hours, which chelates intra-celluar.

I got my amalgam fillings out 3 years ago, but my health continued to decline.[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Look at my post "neurotransmitter precursors" dated Jan 18. I have tracked down many of the nutrients responsible for the production of several key neurotransmitters; most of them are amino acids. I take these substances everyday and now I can read as much as I want when I want. It's sure nice to have cognitive function once again!

good luck!

karen