Never a break from pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toughone, Jul 30, 2006.

1. toughone

toughone New Member

I'm wondering how many have pain day in and day out without a break. I was diagnosed 9 years ago and the pain has progressed to 24/7. I hear so many reports of FM patients having remissions, or very "slight" cases. I have never known or heard of anyone having non-stop pain like me. Sometimes I feel so worn out, I don't know how I'm going to get through another day. But somehow I do. I have a wonderful son and daughter who take very good care of me. My husband of 29 years - not so much. I finally got depression under control but would like to get relief from the severe pain. Meds just take the edge off. Exercise, no matter how gentle, just makes pain worse. I'm going to start a vegan diet tomorrow to see if it helps. Just wanted to know if 24/7 pain is rare...
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

somedays are worse than others, somedays i function better than others
  3. cathugs

cathugs New Member

My pain is non stop also.
    I have fibro, osteoarthritis, peripherial neuropathy,
    deg. disk disease, and probably cfs, but have not been dx for it. I also have hypertension and am prone to
    anxiety attacks.

I take Ambien for sleep, Zanaflex for muscle pain and
    spasms, Klonapin for nerve pain and anxiety, Celebrex
    for arthritis, Effexor xr to keep me sane,
    Prevacid for acid reflux. Lasix for fluid, Lopressor
    for chest pain and bp. Tiazac for bp,Imitrex for
    migraines, and Vicodin for pain.

However with all this I still have constant pain.
    When the vicodin and Klonapin starts running out,
    I feel like my nerve endings are raw and misfiring
    if this makes any sense. (shooting sparks)

So you are not alone with the never ending pain.

Here are some gentle((( hugs))) for you.

Ruth (cathugs)
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

My name says it all. (mrpain) My pain started out when I was a teenager but back then it wasn't constant. In my twenties I saw what seemed like every doctor in town. In my thirties, the fatigue started as the pain grew. In my forties, all the other symptoms came along and as they increased, so did the pain and fatigue.

In my fifties now and I've been retired from my career job for seven years. The cognitive problems along with the pain, fatigue, and all the rest, caused me to do that. And yes, pain is constant but goes up and down the scale. I don't know if that's due to the medicine/supplements, or if it's the nature of the beast.
  5. toughone

toughone New Member

Every reply makes me feel not so alone. I don't know anyone else with FMS and all its sidekicks that come along with it. My kids are my lifeline, but lately I just felt like I needed to "talk" with those who share my pain. Only they know what FM life is really all about.
    Ruth--thank you for the hugs--always welcome!
    MrPain--I, too, had symptoms in my teens, growing progressively worse as the decades flew by. Now in my late forties, I feel 92. I spent the last 20 years raising my kids, and now that I would like to work part time, I can't--I feel thankful just being able to move most mornings.
    Again, thanks to all of you for your caring--it is so greatly appreciated!
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My pain is constant 24/7. I never have a pain free day ever. I hate it. I hurt all over. Almost every joint hurts. The worst being my hips, knees, and shoulders. I feel like all I ever really acomplish in a days time is to hurt. It takes up all my time and energy. I'm sure you know what I mean. I couldn't get out of bed if not for pain meds, and they just take the edge off so I can function at some level.I don't know about the vegan diet, you need lots of protein. I suppose there are health ways to get protein besides meat, like nuts. I sm glad you have gotten you depression under control, that is good. I would like to get mine under control. I have a lot of stress because of my kids lately. Guess that is what I get for having 6 kids, haha! Just didn't know when to quit! No wonder I have FM/CFS. No, it's not their fault, but the stress sure is.

Take Care! Hope you are not hurting too bad today!
    Kellyann
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

read my darn bio...

sometimes i feel like throwing up the white flag and waving it and saying i surrender...

jodie
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Toughone:

I pretty well have pain 25/7 in varying degrees. Sometimes I will take my pain meds and stay on the couch with a heating pad. My rheumatologist will point out where I hurt before I do.

I admire those who have fairly no pain and still work.
    Yet, I have read those who work and come home crying from pain.

Yes, you are not alone. I am like you.

nyrofan
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

pain,..all day everyday~

Its been roughly 5-6 yrs of my pain being non-stop.

Before that,..I would get those small blessed breaks from pain.
    Tho short lived they helped ya "catch your breath'

It varys in severity but most days are well above a 6 on
    average~
    Its draining!

Your not alone :)
    Better days ahead....
    Tandy
  10. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I too have pain everyday. Anytime I refer to a "remission" it is usually when the pain is somewhat tolerable, but I am never pain-free.

I was dx'd in Feb of 2001 at the age of 20. But I was having symptoms like others in my teens, which I believe are due to a car accident. Its hard to think that I have to go on the rest of my life like this, but I have finally put the anger aside and accepted my fate.

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  11. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yep, count me in too. I wake up in pain, have pain all day, and go to bed with pain.

The pain fluxuates in intensity during the day, and of course, moves around my body wherever it feels like.

Cathug - your med list looks something like mine! LOL