Never do Enough!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Dec 6, 2008.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

Do you sometimes feel that no matter what you do for others, it's never good enough?

I do the best I can, but, noone still really understands just how bad I feel every day. I take care of my parents and nothing seems to be enough or done right. My mother is always complaining about the housework and I feel like if I'm not doing anything then she thinks I'm lazy. They can't do much of anything anymore.

My husband feels that I don't cook enough, a lot of times I'm just not up to cooking dinner for 4 by the end of the day.

I'm so down in the dumps which makes me feel even worse. I try so hard to take care of everybody else when I can't even take care of myself. I haven't been able to work for 8 years now, I've applied for disability and have been waiting for 5 years!!

Thanks for listening, any of you in this situation?

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Sorry to hear that people don't appreciate what you can do!

Sounds alot like me! What I finally figured out was I always did did did for everyone and now they don't understand I can't!

Give them info from here and then let them deal with it. Tell them you would like to do more but can't. It's their problem.

Have you looked into getting help with getting your disability? Lots of people talk about using Allsup. 5yrs is a long time.

Tlell mom to hire someone if its not good enough. Tell hubby you would like to taste his cooking.

Take care of yourself and don't feel guilty.

warm hugs
  3. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I shouldn't get started on it!!! It's like your home all the time so you can do everything! He doesn't say it, but that is how I get the picture. I know he works hard,but D--- I am disabled!! Help me out once in a while! Ok, I got started, I better quit before I go in and throw some water on him!
    Again it's because they can't visually see the disabilities,that's the only reason I don't throw a pail of water on him!!!