never done this before.......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by t-jay, Nov 2, 2003.

1. t-jay

t-jay New Member

I've never asked for someone to pray for me and I feel a bit strange doing it now.... but I've been "pulled" to this part of the site for the last week, off and on. I'm usually found on the "depression" or "writers" boards.
    In June I completed 9 treatments of ECT for depression. The results were wonderful. A friend said that it was nice to have me back...... My creativity is slowly coming back....
    But it began last week and is continuing on. The "it" is the feeling that I'm falling into the pit again. And its such a scary feeling. More scary cuz' I've been down to the depths and I know some of the "things" that are down there.
    I've spent a lot of time asking why God "gave" this to me. I've come to the realization that He didn't "give" it to me but that he does use it. And I do know that he is with me but I still get scared and lonely.......
    I suppose I really don't know exactly what it is I am asking of you. and I probably shouldn't be bothering you all either.....
    thank you for listening though and for your prayers.

teresa
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So very glad you decided to give us a try here. YOu are most definitely not bothering anyone here, in fact its just the opposite!

We love to have anyone who wants to join us to do so. If you were drawn here, then thats where you need to be.

How about I pray that you do not go into that pit you mentioned anymore? I have been there a few times in my life too, not a good place to be, and a frightening though to go back again.

I will be praying for you, and I would love to hear from you again.

You will like the people you meet here, they are simply wonderful to say the least.

You take care, come here as often as you like, and know that you are completely welcome at all times!

God bless, and I will be in prayer for you.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome! We`re so glad you visited us. We like it when people ask for prayer, thats what we`re here for! I personally can`t do much else these days because my Fm is so severe. I feel good coming here and saying prayers for people. I learned that there is always something useful we can do, even at our sickest.

Offering prayers up for you that the depression doesn`t get ahold again and that you`ll stay well, be creative and all the other things you enjoy.

Take good care,
    Sandyz
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

If you feel drawn here, then this is the place you are supposed to be at. You were nudged here..:)

I will pray too that you do not go into that pit! I am so glad you came, thats what we are all here for, to pray, support one another!

Sunshyne
  5. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Teresa, sorry that you are having such a tuff time these days. I to have fought depression for many years trying so many different meds. Tell me more about what is ECT treatments, if you want to. But I would get on meds for depression, get to feeling better, and get off thinking I could handle life. But for me, this year has been extra hard, and bewtween my wife, mom, and physchartrist, I've come to the realization that I need to remain on my anti-depressants to live my life as normal as possible. /I'm currently on Lexapro.

But the Lord does a purpose for each of us humans, but the thing is, he works on his time table and not ours. This can be frustrating at times, but we gotta keep our faith in him
    Thank the Lord everday for the blessing he has given ya, and he will be there and give you the strength to endure.

Dear Lord, please be with Teresa during her trying times and continue to bless her. Walk hand n hand with her, hold her hand, and guide her closer to you. We are all sinners, but still seek your forgiveness, so we may be more like you. Please give her the peace, comfort , and strength to endure. Lead her to where she needs to be.

In Jesus name, amen

Danny
  6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I'm glad you posted here on the Worship Board. Please don't feel you are bothering anyone here because you are not. We all care for you and want to pray for you. Feel free to post here anytime. I will pray for you, Teresa, that your depression will be lifted from you.

Love,
    Harmony
  7. baybe

baybe New Member

illness really puts us through Spiritual Dilemna's. I believe things like illness are a gift on the journey to God and each other. There is alot of time I have spent with God and soul searching that maybe I never would have spent otherwise. For me any time that challenges come my way, I try to see what lesson or personality trait I can work on.
    Personally, I believe this is about Transformation to the World of Our Father and his Son.
    For some reason I never felt that I was worth asking for prayers. Yet I know we all deserve the love and compassion of others. You have helped me, I still don't know the reason for my inability to ask for help, but if you can do it, I can. So I ask for your prayers and I will offer mine and maybe we will keep each other out of that pit that lives within us. Thank you.
  8. baybe

baybe New Member

Sorry , I yap so much I forget what it is I wanted to say.

Theresa, I am a lapsed Catholic, I believe in the Holy Trinity and Jesus means so much to my life. I didn't know how to get back actively with God. I started watching the Catholic Channel. What really affected me was a mini-series made in Spain about St. Theresa of Avila. What a gal she reminded me of so many of the women I meet here, she was no wilting violet. The story really touched my heart. This was about 3 weeks ago. I have been really soul searching and decided I should come here, funny thing is this message jumped out at me and then to see your name Theresa, well God works in mysterious ways.
    Guess we both belong here and I thank you.
  9. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

God does work in mysterious ways, Amen!!

10. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I am so glad you followed the "drawing" and stopped in and posted. You are certianly NOT bothering anyone here, and most of us believe that is what we are here for.
    Like many on this board, I believe that God is the great physician and it is His will that we are healthy, Spiritually, emotionally and physically. I have never believed that God sends or gives us illnesses to teach us lessons. He is a better "parent" than any of us could be, and I don't think any of us would send our child out in the street to get hit by a car, just so they should learn that playing in the street is not a good thing. I do believe that we live in a world when things like this happen and God does promise to "turn all things to the good for those who love him". I know that I am a wiser, kinder person due to having to deal with Fibro and other illnesses and am not as apt to judge others because they don't fall into the "normal" category, so in part, that which is not good (the illnesses) has been turned to the good in some ways.
    I am sorry that you are going through so much, and are having some positive results. I know what it is like to hope you never return to a bad place.
    In the name of Jesus, I ask God the Father to place His healing hand upon your body, and correct all that keeping you from remaining well. I also pray that He will remove all fear from you and fill you with his Holy SPirit who is the Comforter, and also with the gift of joy, so that you may be full and running over. May He return to you 10 times more than what the enemy of this illness has stolen from you. Amen.

Thank you so much for coming here so that I could have the privilage of praying for you. Please post anytime. Keep in mind that if you have accepted Christ then the Bible says we have the mind of Christ and he hasn't given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. When you start to feel scared, keep telling yourself this, write it on a post a note where you can see it. That may help.

Hugs
    Takesha
  11. t-jay

t-jay New Member

Thank you all for your prayers. I sat down to write today (I go for coffee at least once a week and write) and I realized that right now I am staying one step in front of depression or death depending on the day. So I carefully plan my days to be busy out of the house...... I suppose that maybe I got complacent after having such good results from the ECT. Oh someone asked about ECT. ECT is electro convulsive therapy. I had nine treatments in June. I'd spent the past 6 years trying different antidepressents and nothing was working. After much prayer, research, and talk I decided to try the ECT. After 5 or 6 treatments the results were noticable to my close friends who had seen me through this. One said that it was like a fog had lifted from my eyes. She said that I was quicker in conversation. My creative ideas began coming back. Another friend was talking to his wife after seeing me at a party, said that it was nice to have "Teresa back again."
    So I suppose that is what I find so "scary" about have the feeling that depression is creeping back again.......
    Thank you for your prayers, I know I said that before. The day that I posted the first post was a most difficult day. The next day things evened out a bit and they continue to be that way...........

thank you,
    teresa