Never ending sinus pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

My sinuses just constantly hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions? Allergy meds don't help.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Do you drink water? If not try drinking half your body weight in OUNCES of water a day. Also take 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt thoughout the day.

If your sinus are bad right now, put a pinch of salt (any kind will do) on the back of your tongue and just let it melt. After a few minutes, drink a full glass of water.

It sounds too good to be true but trust me, it works.

I never drank water in my life, was always suffering from sinus attacks, allergies, headaches of all kinds. I started drinking water and taking the Sea Salt and in a few weeks I rarely get any attacks anymore.

I read a book called; ABC of Asthma, Allergies, and Lupus' by F. Batmanghelidj,M.D. He also has a new book out, called; 'WATER for Health, for Healing, for Life'. I just bought it, but have not read it yet. I am sure both are the same in essence, so either book would be fine.

Accordining to this doctor, most American's are dehydrated, as we drink too much sodas, beer, coffee, tea, etc. which causes dehydration.

Well, it didn't cost much, so gave it a try. Its over a year now, and I am still feeling good as for the sinuses and some of my allergies.

Will not help for Chemical sensitivities.

A warm mist vaporizer with a pinch of salt in the water will help you now, also a 'Breathe Right' strip on your nose, be sure to put a pan under the vaporizer as it will spurt water with the salt in it.

Shalom, Shirl

3. darlamk

darlamk New Member

OLE has been a miracle for my sinus problems! It took about 2 weeks but I no longer have pain and the "rotten tasting stuff-gross!" quit draining down my throat. I also take Allegra and use nasacort nasal spray regularly but did not have significant results until I tried the OLE.
    Take ccare,
    Darla
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

OLE has been the only medication that has really helped with my sinuses..had chronic sinusitis.. and it takes from one to two weeks to see positive effects on the sinuses, with OLE..

You might, also, check with PatPalmer on Cytolog..she indicates that it is really effective on sinuses..

Plantscaper
  5. achy

achy New Member

I had constant pain too and finally went to see an ENT. After CAT scans to diagnose the problem his treatment was very simple. In two weeks it was gone, and still is today!

go to the drug store and buy:

a sinus rinse bottle...looks like a small squirt bottle. Ask the pharmasist if you can't find it.

Then get a box of baking soda and a box of canning/pickling salt. DO NOT use regular salt.

Fill the quart bottle wiht barely warm water. Add 2-3 tsp. of the salt and 1 heaping tsp of the baking soda & shake well. Pour this solution into the sinus rinse bottle.

Bend over the sink and squirt the water into one nostril, letting the water drain out the other. Then repeat for the other side. When done GENTLY blow your nose..keeping your mouth open. That's it. Do it once or twice a day and in 2-3 days you will see a remarkable difference.
    The first time or two will really feel funny..but then you kinda get addicted to it..it feels so good.

My 25 yrs sinus battle is OVER. I do it 1-2 X week and still pain free. You'll be amazed how great things smell and taste too!!

Good luck
    Achy
  6. Jen F

Jen F New Member

...due to chronic sinus inflammation...

what is this O.L.E. you guys are talking about?

thanks.

J.
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Hi Jen F,

I bumped up an article on it, earlier, but will bump it up again for you..Very effective supplement..

Plantscaper
  8. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

This and a change of diet has rid my Sinus problem.

Cytolog improved my sense of well being and energy levels beyond expectations.

Fresh Garlic, Ginger, Onions and Green Tea & Blackcurrent Tea have been major additions to my diet which I am convinced have contributed to the elimination of my sinus problem.

Pat.
  9. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I just bought some fresh ginger..do you grate it and what foods go best with it? I am using fresh garlic..which I really like..and lots of herbs I have been growing this year..and I really like the sea salt..

Plantscaper
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2003]
  10. AC77

AC77 New Member

Have you had them look up there for polyps? Or a diagnosis of a specific allergy? Sometimes even dairy problems can exacberate symptoms. I take sudafed and occasionally Afrin Nasal Spray (Works miracles--but Only sould be used for 2-3 days straight). Sea Breeze (just a salt and water nasal spray) really is the safest, best to start with, as you can use it as often as you wish without worry about rebound congestion.

Claritin is available OTC and in generic now--which is very helpful for seasonal allergies.
  11. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

IS that a prescription? never heard of it.

What does it do?
  12. RedB

RedB New Member

My brother-in-law has suffered from sinus headaches for as long as I've known him. About a year ago he discovered Pure Peppermint Oil. He just inhales it (close one nostril, sniff, etc.) several times a week. Apparently he only has to rely on a decongestant pain med a couple of times a year when there is a low pressure spell of weather.

I can't think of a better thing to sniff at, so I hope it can help you. I imagine it can be found at a natural remedies store, or online.

Kathy