Never Get Fevers Anymore

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by NinjaOfD3athZ, Dec 15, 2012.

1. NinjaOfD3athZ

NinjaOfD3athZ New Member

About 4 years ago I got a fever of 105 and ever since that day I have never got a fever once even if I have been really sick. My temperature always remanins at around 95 - 96 and whenever I get sick my temperature bumps up to about 98 only. I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else because it sucks not having anyone believe that I'm sick when I really am. Is there a way that I can explain to people especially my doctor what is happening to me?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's not uncommon with us. Our immune systems are broken and may not be able to respond to pathogens with fevers like before we got sick. Fever is the body's way to get rid of the bugs. May I ask what caused the 105 fever? We often get sick and then the infection goes chronic and stealth in the body.

Love, Mikie
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm the same way. The last major fever I had was in 2000, when I had the flu for 3 weeks. But I was already sick with CFS, so that flu was not the cause.

Mikie's right, our immune systems are skewed. Also, your low body temps might be an indication of low thyroid functioning - hypothyroidism.

Re doctors: The only ones I have found who even have a clue about CFS are integrative medicine doctors. The regular ones have no idea and most are not interested in learning anything new.

I urge you to try to find an integrative medicine doctor who is familiar with CFS/me. acam.org is a great website that has a link to integrative medicine doctors in the U.S. and Canada - click on "health resources" at the top of the page and go from there.

I don't get fevers any more either. Or if I feel quite warm, my temp might be up to 98 or 99.

Mary
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For your usual helpful suggestions. I keep forgetting about the good doc resource.

Love, Mikie