Never Give Up..I WON, WON, WON!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Nov 20, 2009.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I filed for social security disability in 12/03 with an onset date of 10/00.

After all this time and all the denials I finally won yesterday. I don't think it's really hit me yet, but I am sooooooo happy. Now I can afford all the treatments and medicines I need.

My main problems were Fibro, CFS, Depression/Anxiety, Arthritus and IBS.

So to all of you out there who feel like just giving up your fight, don't! In the end, hopefully, the time will have been worth the wait.

Best Wishes to everyone!
  2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'm so happy for you, luv2float! Congratulations!

3. victoria

victoria New Member

I remember your post from last week, worrying about this.

I am SO HAPPY for you--NO compromises necessary, not even one, and --

you get everything you deserve!

Have a mini celebration if you can!

all the best,

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I can't imagine - 6 years you had to fight for this - it shouldn't be that way - but am very happy for you!!!

Best wishes,

5. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Oh congratulations! How did you get notified? By mail?

6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I am very happy for you. Now you can float on peacefully after your long, hard-won fight.

7. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I am sooo happy for you ... finally after such a long battle. I to had several years of fighting for it (about 5 or 6) was a long time and sooo stressful. Thank you for sharing the good news and thank God for His help . Now take good care of yourself and do something nice for yourself... yuo have earned it!!! God Bless
  8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

You must be thrilled! I'm so very happy for you! It takes an enormous weight off you shoulders when you win.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
  9. hensue

hensue New Member

It gives me incentive to keep on plugging along.
  10. knickelson23

knickelson23 New Member

First of all, congratulations on winning your SSDI!! I was wondering how far did it go before being approved? I"ve been denied 3 times...the last denial of course was the ALJ hearing stage. Did you go beyond that stage? I was ready to throw in the towel after this denial, but my legal council left a voicemail regarding an appeal. To you or anyone else who went beyond the 3rd level...any advice or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks...Knickelson23
  11. luv2float

luv2float New Member

Thanks all for your congrats and well wishes.

The first time in front of the ALJ he denied so I appealed. The Reviews Committee remanded the case back to the original ALJ that I had before, for him to make another decision.

The judge told me he wasn't mad at me, that sometimes he can miss something. He said that the system does work and justice was served in this case.

My attorney recommended he consider an onset date of 2004. He asked why, and she said that the medical records were more inclusive back then. At the end after he approved me he said that HE would decide the date and get back to us. Hopefully, he'll take me back to my original date of 10/2000, he seemed to be leaning that way.

At this point I'll accept anything since I've waited this long.
  12. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

A friend here... 8 years of back bennies.. should be around 100k at min. at full rate over 150k ... get the money into another persons name or a special needs trust if you are fully disabled... any other creditors, interested parties, jackals, past professionals, etc. will come back to haunt... if you get a lump check make sure you handle this correctly and deposit and clear. Then set up another account for future direct deposits in case the govt feels that they have paid you an overage... trail ends with new deposit only acct. sorry to scare you... this does happen...

If you have an atty then discuss with them. I had an atty from first submission and it went right through.. Seems those who go it alone wait 6 years... sorry those are the facts.

Protect... cash is cash... be guided accordingly...

d been on the board since 2002 so I have seen it all, and in real life. I advise more than anything else in my life... congrats. now do the right thing to protect
  13. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Do not tell people ( family, jackals, anyone... ) or your professionals any $$ amounts you have coming to you... be diligent... do not go out and buy a super duper health plan because you will have to figure outthe Medicare thing.. in fact you may be on already once the approval smoke clears... do not change any insurance anything at this time... not meant to scare you but the whole health care dynamic will change very quickly... don't get taken...

14. petemora

petemora Member

So happy for you!
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

remember MediCare automatically goes back about 18 months (or 2 years, can't remember) from time of judgement, so if you have any outstanding med bills, the providers can bill MediCare directly. Also it's possible to pay back premiums so that MediCare will pay for outstanding older expenses if you wish to or need to clear some of that up.

If you haven't already gotten all the papers, they will send you papers explaining all of that - ask your lawyer to help you understand it if you need to...

all the best,