NEVER GIVE UP Remission for 2.5 years and counting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by advancewithcourage, Apr 8, 2006.

1. advancewithcourage

advancewithcourage New Member

I am excited to report that I am still in remission. I would like to share what helped me in the event that it will help someone else. I recommend reading Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gotshall. This book helped me turn to the SCD diet to starve out infections that were causing stress on my hypothalamus and dysruption of the HPA axis. I also recommend Chronic Fatigue Unmasked. This put me on the right track also. I did Mickel Reverse Therapy and this helped me deal with remaining symptoms not helped by the diet and antifungal meds.

I spent over $7000 dollars trying to get better. Most of that money was wasted. The only things that really helped me are those listed above. I occasionally get symptoms that I can deal with using MRT principles. I have had no bone-crushing fatigue in 2.5 years.

I hope some of this info will help someone out there. I think of the folks on this board often and pray for you.
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Funny you mention the SCD diet, I recently found that on my quest for a cure for my Crohn's when I realized that we ALL could benefit from it...I mentioned it on a few posts but not many others seemed to know about it...

I believe that most of our problems stem from the 'evil' ingredients that are in our food and if we could just find a way to eat well that majority of our symptoms would subside greatly, if not completely disappear...

I will be starting the SCD this Monday so wish me luck...

Elaine Gottschaal SAVED her daughter from chronic lifetime illness with this diet...Proven once again, nothing is more precious than a Mother's Love!!!

Thanks for the positive and most importantly, realistic info sharing your improvement...Some of us need the encouraging news...
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

whats that stand for?

Thanks for mentioning the books too.
    I don't think I've read either one.
    Hopefully the library will have copys available.
    Will check this week.

So glad your doing much better these days~
    I gotta say,...I hardly ever hear those words
    spoken of with these DD.
    Its welcome and encouraging to us!

Take care :)
  4. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

I was on this diet for months with no relief from my symptoms. I had so hope this would be an answer for me.

Could you please let us know when you started to experience relief after starting this diet and how long until you felt sustained relief?

Is it possible that you experienced feeling better because the diet addressed your Celiac condition?

5. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I am going to see if my library has the books.
    Thanks for sharing the info.

6. jane32

jane32 New Member

had a lot of the CFS symptoms years ago but was never diagnosed. She followed this book for a year and said that most of her symptoms went away. SHe works full tiem now and supposedly recovered from CFS. I bought it but have yet to read it.

I hav emore f;lu like viral symptoms (fevers and such) So I am not sure how much the diet can help me.
  7. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

So glad you have found something that has given you relief!!

I saw that you are Ohio... I am also, on the east coast!
    I was just wondering where you did your therapy, as i have not been able to find any Dr's in the states trained in this technique yet?

Thank you for sharing with all of us!!

8. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

CFS? Or does it also work for FMS?
  9. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I jotted down notes and will research it as I am not sure what the letters like SCD stand for. I will also look for the Gotshall book. I can review it and just very well might try it.

Like you I have spent thousands of dollars on these disorders and only feel better knowing I can take a pain pill to at least mask the symptoms and rest.

Thank you for the post.

11. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

Google- "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" and tons of stuff should come u.
    It's good- I think i have problems metabolozing carbs so I feel much better on it.
    let me know if you still have problems
  12. neen85

neen85 New Member

Glad to hear you are still donig so well. Good of you to come back and inform everyone,so many others don't. Thanks! Daneen
  13. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Advancewithcourage,

I was wondering how you're doing after all this time. Are you still as enthused about the SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) diet and its ability to reduce HPA dysfunction?

Any feedback you can offer would be appreciated.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2008]
  14. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I'm curious too. :)
  15. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member